Friday, February 24, 2012

Belated

Hi stampers!  Thank you so much for all the birthday wishes yesterday!  Your comments always brighten my day but they were extra sweet yesterday!  I also had a ton of good wishes on Facebook...I really need to get better at reading the little thing on the side that says when birthdays are...I realized I rarely look at it. 

Anyway I had a wonderful birthday!  We had a healthy dinner at home since I'm saving up for my party Saturday night (lol) and then got some McDonald's ice cream!  A cone has only 150 calories, did you know that?  It's a favorite treat and I knew I wouldn't have to twist my hubby's arm very hard to take me;-)

And I got a Kindle Fire!!!!  It was funny because I guess my hubs had the idea since Christmas but he kept bugging me for ideas.  He was hoping I'd tell him little things as to "set the bar" low and then he could blow me away with the Kindle BUT....about a week ago when he was bugging me for ideas I happened to think of the idea myself, lol!  He was "mad" that I kind of ruined his idea....well....he should have quit bugging me for ideas, HA!!!!  Anyway, I LOVE to read so I'm very excited but nervous since I'll probably buy a ton of books now, hahahaha!  Gotta remember to save money for stamps!!!!

But as I mentioned yesterday, I realized I was sorely lacking in birthday cards....at least ones made with recent stamp sets.  So, I set to work and came up with this card which uses the sketch challenge over at Create with Connie & Mary this week:
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  You're my type
Paper:  Very vanilla, daffodil delight, soft suede, poppy parade textured, attic boutique DSP, first edition DSP
Ink:  Soft suede, basic gray, poppy parade
Accessories:  Triple heart punch, decorative label punch, basic pearls, poppy parade ribbon

I did flip the side I put the ribbon on but otherwise it's pretty true to the sketch.  I based my colors off of the antique boutique DSP as I wanted it to be bright but still be kind of vintage.  I love the combo of daffodil and poppy!  And of course the first edition DSP was MADE for this stamp set!I probably should have saved this for mailable Monday but I wanted to share it before that!  It does have one small pearl but those little ones go through the mail pretty good:-)  Now, I need to make a bunch more birthday cards.....

Happy stamping!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday (yesterday was my DH's b/day as well). Just wondered why you're having trouble mailing cards with embellies on them? I've mailed cards with big bows, big brads, you name it for no extra postage. At the PO, they have a special "card measuring thingy" (my official name for it) and if a card can pass through it (and if the weight is OK), there should be no problems. Guess you have an ornery postal employee or something! Anyway, I have just started reading your blog and checking out all your cute cards - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! Remember that you can check out books from the library using your Kindle. I rarely re-read books so I use the library a TON!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday, Mindy! I love your typewriter card--beautiful color combination and the pop of poppy ribbon is perfect! Thank you for joining us at CCMC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the little pop of red you used with the other colors and Happy Belated Birthday! Thanks for playing with us at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday, Mindy! You'll love your Kindle! I'll send you a link to a blog that tells you the FREE books available! I've read some good ones! I love the typewriter card...very vintage. I haven't used that set yet, but you've inspired me! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belated Birthday Wishes to you! I love your card. The brown and red against the yellow is beautiful! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your choice of papers here...it makes the typewriter a little less manly! Great job! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday (a little late) to you! Love those little pops of red on your card...the perfect accents! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card. I love this stamp set and that little red heart is the perfect touch. Thanks for joining us this week over at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...