Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Devil Made Me Do It

And by do it I mean buy Send Me Soaring from the Occasions Mini catalog:-)  And by the devil I mean my friend Rita:-)   Just kidding....kind of....she did kind of convince me to buy the set after telling me how cute it was at regional's and showing me all kinds of fun out of the box ideas! You should totally check out her blog because she's way awesome!  And this is what I love about SU, stamping, and blogging....that I've become friends with SO many wonderful people who enjoy the same things as I do all across the country!

Anyway, this post is for Rita because she's been bugging me to share the card I made with Send Me Soaring:-)  I tried to resist the set but we all know I'm weak, so weak!  Doesn't help that this set makes me slightly sentimental (and that I used my free hostess dollars to buy it).  My dad and I used to love to fly kites when I was little.  My mom and I even made a front page color photo in the paper when I was about 4 at a kite flying event in town.  I'll try to remember to take a picture of it next time I'm at her house as she has it framed, lol!  It's pretty cute!  Sadly, the awesome kite we were flying that day got cut by someone else's string and we lost it!  My dad searched and searched for it to no avail!  I always seem to have some kind of kooky story don't I?  LOL!

What really sold me on this set besides it just being adorable were the sentiments.  We all know I love my sentiments and I especially liked the one I used on this card and the fact that they can also be used with our hot air balloon set and visa versa!

So here is my card....which I intended to enter in a color challenge but missed the deadline...again:-)

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Send me soaring
Paper:  Whisper white, lucky limeade
Ink:  Lucky limeade, peach parfait, calypso coral
Accessories:  Adorning accents embossing folders, circle punch, dazzling details

It's a very simple and cheery card that I'm hoping can brighten someone's day!  The kites are super easy to cut out too!  Always a plus!  I stamped the solid kite image for the right and left kites by stamping off once.  I then came back with the stamps with the patterns and stamped them on top full strength!  I love doing this kind of two step stamping!  The placement of my sentiment is kind of an accident but I like it....I got a smudge on the card (drat) so I did what any good stamper would do, I just covered it up, problem solved, hehe!

So there it is! 

Happy stamping!

4 comments:

  1. Between you and Rita, I don't know if my resistance plan is going to work on this one. My PLAN is to wait and see if it is in the new catty (I think it will be, don't you?) and then get it. It really burns me up to buy a mini set and then have it not carry over. We'll see if the plan works... Great card and I always love your stories, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you wanted it anyway! :) It is an awesome set and I think I'll raid all the change jars in the house so I can have it too! I love the fun colors you used with it; so cheerful!

    I don't think I've ever flown a kite, so it will be fun to share that experience with the little one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card! I love the kite set also. I have it on my list for the party I'm going to on Saturday. Just can't resist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I had to read what the devil made you do....you are so funny! I love your "kooky" stories, by the way. Cute card! I bet you're glad you have it now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...