Hi stampers! I'm having some serious lack of stamping motivation...or really any motivation at all to do ANYTHING as of late, ha! I've been in a bit of a funk since the holidays and being sick last week didn't help things. I pretty much just want to sit around...we won't talk about how under-used my stamp supplies are or how messy my house is, lol! I think it's just the winter blues....wish I could take a vacation somewhere warm and sunny...oh well! Anyway, I've been trying to post a lot but sometimes I just don't have anything to share! I'm hoping to do some serious stamping (and maybe some cleaning....lol) this weekend since we don't have a lot on the calendar for once. So hopefully I can post away next week:-)
I do have a few things to share that I've done lately. The first one is this card....well two cards. I usually make my cards two at a time simply because you can use one sheet of cardstock and get two A2 sized bases (5.5 x 4.25) and occasionally I change the second one because either I don't like how it turned out or I get some genius idea in the middle of my project:-) I've been less than satisfied with most of my projects lately (there is nothing like the feeling you get when you make something and it turns out just as you pictured it or even better) and that may account for why I feel in a bit of a slump so I wasn't crazy about how the card turned out. So, I switched up my second one just a bit and added some dry embossing. I'm not sure I like it any better though. Which one do you like better?
Stamps: Apothecary Art, Loving thoughts
Paper: Watercolor, blushing bride, pool party, twitterpatted DSP
Ink: Stazon, blushing bride, riding hood red, pear pizzazz
Accessories: Labels collection framelits, adorning accents edgelits, blushing bride ribbon, vintage wallpaper embossing folder, cherry cobbler dazzling details
I really can't decide which one I like best! I do like this layout a lot though and I think it works really well for this stamp set! When coloring the flowers I colored them in with blushing bride and then came back and added some accents to the centers with riding hood red. Something not easy to see in the photo is that I lightly dotted the center of each flowers with some cherry cobbler dazzling details. It's very pretty in real life and made the card a little less ho-hum!
Hopefully I'll be back soon:-)