Monday, February 27, 2012

Mailable Monday - More cake

Hi stampers!  Time to start another week with another edition of mailable Monday.  In my quest to make more birthday cards it is of course just that, a birthday card.  I've been using the same basic sketch a lot lately so this may look familiar:-)  I have been wanting to use the cupcake print pattern from the sweet shop DSP so I combined it with the cupcake punch!  I just LOVE how our products, even those in suites, coordinate to well with other products!
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Create a cupcake, petite pairs
Paper:  Whisper white, soft suede, pool party, calypso coral, sweet shop DSP
Ink:  Soft suede, pool party, calypso coral
Accessories:  Labels collection framelits, circle punch, smooch illuminate accent ink

I based my color combo off of the DSP and normally I'd be afraid to use a brown on this card but it goes well with the DSP and I think it looks like chocolate!!!!!  I didn't have any cake at my birthday party last night so now I think I want some cake...chocolate cake:-)  This card will have to do I guess.  It's hard to see in the photo but I did cover the cupcake with smooch accent ink so it's kind of shimmery!

And just a note about my "mailable" cards as I've had a few comments and questions on them.  I KNOW that I can mail some of my more embellished cards by backing them with a scrap piece of cardstock or taking them to the PO to see if they fit through the template BUT I don't always have time to mess with that, especially going to the PO so I like to have some cards that I know I can pop in an envie and mail off from home without worry of them coming back to me or being damaged.  Plus, our PO seems to be rather strict about any cards with lumps or bumps and always wants to charge me extra postage.  I even had one lady scratch through the envelope trying to find out what the "bump" was one time...it was just something popped up on dimensionals:(  So, these are all cards that can be mailed without a second thought.  I even do mail some of my heavily embellished cards using our padded envies but only when I have time to go to the PO. 

Happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. This is a fun card, Mindy! I love the challenge of trying to make them mailable. :) No ribbon is tough sometimes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...