Thursday, August 23, 2012

Busy Cake

Hi stampers!  Have you ever been in the middle of making a card and hate it???  Well this was me and this card last week.  I had wanted to use this DSP pattern for a few weeks as I thought it would make a great background but just couldn't make it work.  So, after hating it and being frustrated I just quit working on it and went to bed:-)  And when I came back to it a day or two later I ended up coming up with something that I loved!  I need to remember to just walk away the next time something isn't working out like I want it to!  It IS a bit busy but I like it since I kept everything else pretty simple.

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Make a cake, sweet essentials
Paper:  Whisper white, baja breeze, summer starfruit, midnight muse, patio party
Ink:  Primrose petals, midnight muse
Accessories:  Circle and scalloped circle punches, basic rhinestones

I haven't made much of anything this week with school starting and getting out of football practice pretty late and then still needing to work out as well.  I've tried to stamp but I've just been tired.  And it's just easier to THINK about stamping and cruise Pinterest, ha! I did just get my box of FREE stuff from my Artisan Finaliset shopping spree!  So, I'll have to try to ink that stuff up this week and weekend!  It was so hard to decide what to get for free.  I had to make "it count", ha!!!!!  Anyone else have a hard time picking free stuff???

Happy stamping!

2 comments:

  1. Mindy, I love your card! I haven't been able to do a thing with this "busy" DSP yet either, but by keeping the rest of the card simple, you've nailed this one! I think the Baja Breeze circle behind the Midnight Muse scallop really does a great job in separating your focal image from the DSP - PERFECT solution! Hugs to you, girl! Keep those big football guys in line, y'hear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your cards with this suite. So much I had to buy it and then I am not as sure what to do with it myself! :) thanks for your continued inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...