Saturday, July 19, 2014

Freaking Sad

Hi stampers!  So while I'm super excited about Baby Backes's arrival I'm also pretty sad since his due date was so close to convention I'm grounded from travel.  And I totally want to go as it would be a great way to pass the last week or so when I'm just waiting, waiting, waiting....don't think I didn't seriously consider it :-)  BUT I'm barely comfortable in the car driving 5 minutes to the docs office or grocery store so a 3-4 hour plane ride is probably out of the question, lol!  But you can bet I'm making plans (and so is Grandma) for convention next year! ;-)  The worst thing might be that since I'm pregnant I'm pretty much hungry 24/7 (which isn't all that odd for me at any time lol) and SLC has some AMAZING food that I'm missing lol!  As well as all the fun, the excitement, and most of all my friends!  I'll miss you all and I'll be glued to the computer and social media trying to keep up with the happenings.

Anyway, if I couldn't be there the next best thing would be blog hopping with the Control Freaks, right? You should have just come from Melissa Davies blog.  Weren't her projects awesome?  If you got here by chance, don't worry as we make a big loop!  Just keep clicking!


While I can't be there to swap with them I can see what they are swapping anyway!  I'll just pretend I'm swapping with them :-)  And it means I can do anything for my cards, I get a "free for all" :-)  So, I pretty much played around and came up with these beauties!  I'm still struggling to be inspired but this was fun and even though it takes me a lot longer to come up with an idea and a card I like, it's still fun! For some reason I don't think they are showing up well so please click on the pictures to enlarge them for a closer look!

First up, I really love the hello love hostess set (and I don't normally go for those...can't say that this year) and the combination of lost lagoon and hello honey!  Isn't that ribbon just yummy????


Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Hello love
Paper:  Whisper white, hello honey, lost lagoon
Ink:  Hello honey, lost lagoon
Accessories:  Lost lagoon stitched satin ribbon, linen thread, woodgrain embossing folder, dotted scalloped punch

Next up, I've also been obsessed with the color combo of calypso coral, blushing bride, and hello honey.  Thank you color coach!  Add in some crumb cake and kraft and wow!  The little banner die cut is the kraft cardstock stamped in crumb cake ink.  Now, I kind of wish I'd embossed it with clear, that would have looked neat!
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Choose happiness
Paper:  Very vanilla, crumb cake, kraft card stock
Ink:  Blushing bride, calypso coral, hello honey
Accessories:  Linen thread, gold sequin trim, hello honey stitched satin ribbon, banner framelits

And finally after the first two cards a bit vintage this one is more clean and modern.  I actually stamped this one during one of the convention live feeds so it's sort of like I was there and it was cool to actually stamp during a stamping presentation!

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Something to say
Paper:  Whisper white, sahara sand, blackberry bliss, moonlight DSP stack
Ink:  Blackberry bliss
Accessories:  Artisan label punch, itty bitty accents punch pack

And there you have it.  I hope that any of my freaky friends would have loved to gotten one of these as a swap.  And I hope they know I sure did miss them!  I'm really hoping I can see them next year!  And I'm really hoping Baby B stays put until after the 25th as they just announced the convention dates. If not, he may have to get used to having his birthday in SLC :-)

Now, you can click here or on the graphic to see Debbie Henderson's amazing projects and keep hopping along!

Thanks for visiting!  Happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. You did have a lot of fun!!! Great cards and more so, excited for you to deliver your new bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...