Thursday, July 3, 2014

Nuts About My Hubby

Hi stampers!  On June 26th my wonderful hubby and I celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary.  We kept it about as low key as you can get by just staying at home instead of spending any money.  Although the delicious meal I was going to make got ruined as I think the chicken was bad!  It was stinky even though it was still within the date so I had to change plans mid-cooking. Oh joy lol!  But with chicken and being pregnant especially I wasn't taking any chances!!!! And we agreed no gifts this year as we are getting the best gift in a little under a month now ;-)  However, he DID learn his lesson on that fateful Valentine's day of 2013 where we said no gifts and he didn't even get his wife the CARD maker a card lol!

And while I hadn't been stamping much I knew I would never live down not having a card (lol) so I had to whip one up.  I don't normally get hostess sets, or try not to anyway since I don't do many events (hoping to change that after the baby of course) but this year's were just too cute to resist!  My card today is a case of one Kimberly Van Diepen made.  I don't case much anymore but it's great when I'm short on time AND inspiration which has been the case recently.  More the inspiration (and energy) than the time.  And I might have only started this one shortly before he was due home from work, hehe ;-)

But, since we act like 3rd graders I knew he'd appreciate anything with the word "nuts" in it.  Sigh....and they are just going to send a kid home with us....it's scary lol!  I hope we don't teach him TOO many bad things ;-)  And wouldn't you know, as soon as he opened it he was giggling :-)  He also even noticed and commented on the "nuts" on the trees.  This is why he's a keeper!  He always likes my cards and really does notice the details :-)


Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps: Nuts about you (hostess)
Paper:  Whisper white, Bermuda bay, baked brown sugar
Ink:  Soft suede, Old olive, baked brown sugar
Accessories:  Woodgrain embossing folder, neutral candy dots, petite curly label punch, pear pizzaz taffeta ribbon (retired)

I did use some retired ribbon.  I kinda miss that taffeta, I really liked that stuff.  But the new cotton ribbon is similar in that it's thin, soft, and ties really well!

So there you have it!  Now you know we act like little kids 99% of the time around here.  Raising one should be interesting!  LOL!

Happy stamping!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like my hubby- no cards for the cardmaking wife :) Happy Anniversary (delayed)! We stayed this year home, too (no chance of going out with 2 little ones), but next year is the big 10. So we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! I love the colors you used.You sound just like my hubby and me. And there are much worse people that are getting babies sent home with them! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your 'nutty' card. Saw Kimberly's card too and also wanted to case it. Sounds like you will have lots of fun with the baby and that's good! Can't wait to hear that you had your boy and I'll bet you can't either. Time gies by pretty fast doesn't it? Doesn't seem like that long since you announced that you were pregnant! Hope you are feeling not too bad these days and pile on the sleep cause you may not get a lot after!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...