Wednesday, May 4, 2016

New But Retro?

Hi stampers!  I'm sharing a card today with a set that I LOVE!  When I peeked inside our bags at OnStage I was totally excited to see it!  It's called marquee messages and it's totally cute and fun!  Maybe I like it because Vegas is one of my favorite places (I mean who doesn't love a place that has something going on at every single hour of the day and can be completely different from one visit to the next????) and it has a total Vegas vibe!!!  It's got different messages you can put inside the marquee itself, so cute!  If you haven't checked out my previous cards this week you need to!  I combined this set with the it's my party suite and it's just SO cute!  But, it's just fabulous all on it's own, see...


Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Marquee messages
Paper:  Whisper white, basic black, Bermuda bay, it's my party DSP stack, watercolor paper
Ink:  Staz on, daffodil delight, Bermuda bay, peek-a-boo peach
Accessories:  Basic rhinestones, clear wink of stella, stars embossing folder

I didn't intend to cut this out when I started stamping but of course I had an accident and dropped the darned aqua painter and got ink all outside the lines. Sigh.  So I fussy cut it out, which isn't all that hard with this set and it looks pretty fabulous cut out!

It also features a peek at a new in color.  Peek-a-boo peach is pretty bright, I'd almost call it neon!  There's some wink of stella for shimmer on the stars but it's not showing in the photos.

One other tip I have is for the rhinestones.  It uses a LOT of them!  I tend not to use the little strips of rhinestones that come all attached together so often times I'll snip in between then with just the point of my paper snips and it separates them so you can use them like individual jewels.  So if you're hesitant to buy them because you don't think you'll use the strips, just do what I do and grab yourself a few packs!  I also use my paper piercer to pick them up and set them onto my project.


I hope you enjoyed this little peek at a new set and new color!  And I totally should have made a Star Wars card for May the 4th...I've been brought over to the dark side through Jon and Ian ;-)

Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...