Thursday, April 6, 2017

Eastern Palace Suite: Stampin' Up Artisan Design Team Blog Hop

Hi stampers!  Happy Thursday!  It's super exciting around here because one, we finally close on our house tomorrow AND because it's ADT blog hop time and we have something NEW for you! 

Anywho, onto the hopping!  You may have come from Mercedes' blog and her awesome creations!  If not, no worries, just keep clicking and you'll fly around the world in no time!  But hang tight here, I have a lot to show you!   I had a hard time getting started with this stuff because of the move but once I got going...I still haven't stopped!

I was super stoked when I heard that we'd be getting a special suite for this hop!  Who doesn't love new stuff??? So..... Here is a sneak peek of the Eastern Palace Suite.   Exclusive for a limited time are the Starter and Premier Bundles, designed for both the beginning and avid crafters. 

Demonstrators can Preorder the Eastern Palace Suite Starter and Premier Bundles April 4-30. Get your hands on these colorful and exotic products to prepare for customer launch May 1.  

It features THREE of our new incoming in colors!  Fresh fig, tranquil tide, and lemon lime twist are three of my new favorite colors now!  You can see all of them here, plus dapper denim, which are the colors of the DSP.



You'll notice two fun things here, the vinyl stickers and the cute little tassel embellishments.  The stickers are gold and along with the border type stickers here, there are also different medallions.    The card on the left has a fun surprise as I made a window card with acetate.  I put the stickers on the inside to jazz it up on the inside as well as out!




The dies are a little bit different than what we are used to as not all of them cut out entire images.   At first, I was like what the heck can I do with these but as I started playing, the options are endless!  My first thought was for a stencil which I used on this card with versamark and clear embossing powder for an emboss resist.  I really love how vibrant the lemon lime color turned out on this card!  If you're on the fence about this color, don't count it out!  It's pretty and different than anything we have!


Along with the larger "make a medallion dies" as I'm calling them, there are some framelits that cut like "normal".  And there are also dies that fit in the middle to make partial cuts like I've used here on these little 3x3 cards.  You can bend up the little cut outs for a 3D effect.


This card was a little tedious but totally worth it I think!  I cut out a whole bunch of this particular medallion and arranged them on a piece of very vanilla then glued them down without the 3D effect.  I then very carefully trimmed the excess off.  I did the first side by hand with my snips in order to get a level edge and then I used my paper trimmer to do the other three sides and then I also shaved off a small portion of the handcut side to make it even and to cut it to size.  I layered it on our gold foil sheets and then my card base is fresh fig.  I added one of the medallion stickers and my sentiment!  I really like this one!


Something you may not be able to tell from the photos is that some of the very vanilla is THICK like our thick whisper white!  Hooray!  Now, funny story and this is why not ALL my samples have the thick very vanilla...I got the box for this stuff and was going through it quickly before our move and went, "oh some vanilla CS, ok cool, I can always use extra neutrals" and threw it in a pile with my other extra card stock.  I kept everything else separate as to not accidentally use it on something and spill the beans (cuz you KNOW I'd do that lol).  It wasn't until THIS Tuesday, when I specifically read the updates that it dawned on me that I didn't get regular old vanilla, it was the new thick stuff!  Ha!  So I dug it out and it's awesome!

So that's all for me.  I hope I showed you enough samples that at least one of them caught your eye.


You're off to the Netherlands to Visit Miriam and her gorgeous things! 



The new supplies aren't in my supply list database yet so I'll just list them here and the other supplies will be linked at the bottom as usual:
  • Eastern Beauty Photopolymer Stamp Set
  • Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper
  • Eastern Palace Cardstock Pack
  • Mini Tassels Assortment
  • Eastern Gold Vinyl Stickers
  • Lemon Lime Twist Classic Stampin’ Pad
  • Tranquil Tide Classic Stampin’ Pad 
  • Fresh Fig Classic Stampin’ Pad 
  • Eastern Medallions Thinlits Dies
  • Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock
And here's a handy blog roll so you can go back and visit anywhere at any time!


Happy stamping!
Product List

5 comments:

  1. The cards are sooo great!
    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful, Mindy! You've tipped the balance to my pre-order, not that I needed much help, lol... Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fabulous ideas here Mindy! Love them all! Just gorgeous! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the window card - so pretty - and the sponged mandalas are just awesome. Fab! Now go unpack so you can make more pretty things. ;)

    ReplyDelete

  5. The third. Without hesitation is my favorite! Repeating cuts is such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...