Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Spritzed Succulents - ADT Corporate Blog Post

Hi stampers!  

So we are smack dab in the middle of our move and I've been without internet and totally overwhelmed in boxes and forgot that my Artisan corporate post was going live! You can see it here or on the SU homepage. There isn't ANY stamping as all my stuff is packed up in my new studio so at least I can share this! Hope you love it and I'm SO honored to have done one of these!

I’m one of those people obsessed with succulents right now so I knew I wanted to do something with them for you but not the same old same old.  As I was playing around with my live love grow set (141905), I thought about spraying them with a stampin’ spritzer (126185) and I LOVED the effect!  



I probably made no less than a million of these!  It’s so fun to play around with color combinations and no two will look alike, which I love! I stamped my succulents on our water color paper (122959) in combinations of mint macaron (138326), old olive (126953), and always artichoke (126972) using our classic stampin pads.

Don’t be afraid to experiment with colors and with different levels of saturation.  Start off with just a little spray and go from there.  I got a little heavy handed a few times and it didn’t end well.  You can always add more water but you can’t take it back!  You can see that some of them bled and blended more than others.  The look is subtle and soft and I just love it.








I then cut each one out with our stitched framelit dies (145372).  I accented my cards with the succulent garden designer series paper (142778), succulent garden ⅜” ribbon (142781), classy designer buttons (138393), and linen thread (104199).  I used my stitched dies again to make a few accents as well.  Finally, I punched out my sentiments with the classic label punch (141491) for a fun and modern look.  


Here’s a little tip for cutting banners using the big shot (143263) and your layering squares framelit dies (141708).  Simply take a strip of paper and line a die up with the edges to make your V cut.  You’ll have a perfect corner every time!




I used the live, love, grow set but since we have another amazing succulent set in the Occasions Catalog, you could totally use oh so succulent (142992) as well.  Here’s a card I made with it instead.



Thanks so much for joining me today and I hope that you’ll spritz a few succulents of you own!

Happy stamping!

Mindy Bingamon
2017 Artisan Design Team

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...