Friday, September 2, 2011

Confuzzled

Hi stampers!  So I think I confused some people yesterday talking about football and soccer and sports.  We don't actually have kids yet BUT I work as an athletic trainer at a local high school so I'm actually busy with WORK and not kids or family:-)  But, busy is busy and on days like today with football games I work up to 16 or so hours.  Obviously not a lot of stamping time in there...however I did just make a wedding card since we have a wedding to go to um....tomorrow:-) 

On the days I do have time lately it seems that I've run out of mojo or been too tired, hate when that happens!  But I'm getting some cards made in fits and spurts anyway!  I can't imagine how little time I'll have when we finally DO have kids plus work, plus trying to fit working out in too!  I have to stamp and work out...they are just two of the basics of my life, hehe.  Feeling crummy now since I didn't get up and run this morning....but it was still dark out so I decided it was safer to stay in bed...that's what I told myself anyway;-)  But enough of my boo-hoo's.  Here is a quick card I made the other night:

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Four frames, friendly phrases
Paper:  Calypso coral, whisper white, domestic goddess DSP
Ink:  Calypso coral, basic gray
Accesories:  Oval punch, decorative label punch, paper daisies, calypso coral ruffled ribbon, basic rhinestones

Isn't it cute???  It's actually inspired by a little card I saw at convention and I love the clean and simple yet cute design.  I wish I could get a whole pack of this pattern of paper from the domestic goddess line. I also love how the little frame is popped up and that sentiment is one of my new FAVE sets!  I guess it's just natural that a blabbermouth like myself would like sets with words and lots of fonts:-)  Here's the card I used for inspiration:


The colors are a bit off just from the lighting at convention.  Isn't it cute too!?!?  Maybe I should have done THIS for my wedding card!  I will need to make another version of this using the glitter like they did here too!  I love how this card shows how the domestic goddess line can be used for something else than just "homewares" type themed stuff.

Anyway, that's it...I'm done for after 13+ hours of work today.  I have to be up early to teach aerobics in the morning so I best get out of the stamp room and into bed!  See you soon!  Happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. I love the simplicity of this card. I'm like you, I just love this pattern from Domestic Goddess. And how gorgeous with the coral details. I actually like the card you made even more than the example. I have all ingredients for this card, so may need to cake you on this one. Great idea to add the glitter & use it for a wedding also. Are you going to show us the wedding card you made? Thanks for another great idea! Hope you get a bit of down time this weekend. Have fun at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...