Thursday, September 8, 2011

Subbing

Hi stampers!  Here's challenge number three for this week!  I also loved the color challenge over at the Colour Q.   Isn't it pretty?????

Now, I did have to do some subbing as I didn't have any orchid opulence which of course is an old color and I've moved on completely.  Yes, I still mourn for a few old colors occasionally but I've embraced the present, hehe.  And really, truth be told I'm not sure I EVER had any orchid.  I was NOT a fan but I have to say I like it here.  So, in place of the orchid I used wisteria wonder which I do like and is one of my favorite colors now!  I think it was a perfect substitute here!  I took a cue from my friend and DT member Renee who loves flowers and I came up with this:

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Raining flowers, friendly phrases
Paper:  whisper white, pool party, lucky limeade, rich razzleberry, wisteria wonder
Ink:  wisteria wonder, rich razzleberry
Accessories:  blossom triple layer punch, boho blossom punch, in color polka dot brad, lucky limeade ruffled ribbon, houndstooth embossing folder

I guess I'm digging clean and simple lately!  I wanted to add more to all that white space up top but some things are best left alone!  Most of the time I only use white as a base for what I'm stamping or my main focal image.  I should start using it as more of a stand alone more often, it makes quite a statement!

The flower was made with the intention of the brad in the center and the ribbon looking like the stem/leaves and center of the flower, I like how they tied together so well.  I also love the new houndstooth embossing folder and keep forgetting to use it so here it is! Finally, I just LOVE those little sentiments from friendly phrases and the cute fonts so I just had to pull it out here!  Hope you liked it and hope the DT does too!

One more challenge for the week to go....happy stamping!

7 comments:

  1. Great card, love the EF you used, aren't those colors FAB?! :) Cheers to a fellow Midwesterner!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Mindy! You nailed the colors perfectly...I will attest to the fact that Orchid is a "challenging" color, to say the least! So glad you were able to play with the CQC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Mindy! Your card is just like your setiment says: "simply wonderful"! I LOVE how you showcased that color combo and i completely agree that Orchid Opulance raly never made it into my favorite colors either. Lol! Have a happy day! hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Mindy! Love the embossing and your flower is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. really gorgeous!! love the texture! thanks for joining us at the ColourQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the houndstooth embossing folder! Gonna go get me one now after seeing this gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...