Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Spooky creepy crawly spider

Hi stampers.  This post is brought to you by the big, hairy, spooky, creepy, crawly spider that apparently took up residence on my basement stairs on Sunday.  I say apparently because I never saw him but was informed by my wonderful hubs on my last (of about a million) trip down to get the last load of laundry that he FINALLY took care of it while showing me how BIG he was with his hand.  Say what?  He'd been there ALL day and I never saw him?  ICK!  I think that may have freaked me out more than the actual spider...that I didn't see him!  I hate spiders!!!!!  And I went up and down those stairs a million times!  YUCK!!!

Anyway, Mr. Big Hairy spider inspired this card:

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Googly ghouls, border banter
Paper:  Very vanilla, basic black, tangerine tango, howlstooth & scaringbone DSP
Accessories:  Googlies

This guy isn't very spooky though.  He's pretty cute with his googly eyes.  I have to say I kind of look like him when I have my glasses on, hehe!  I used the border banter set because I finally broke down and got it (like I do with just about everything, ha).  As you can see, me and the stamp-a-majig had some minor disagreements:-)  The other card I made was better lined up but I ended up getting a smudge on it so I had to show the crooked one.  Whoops!

And you may notice that his little spider web thread is longer than it is on the actual stamp....well I just used a marker and a ruler to extend it.

Happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. Eek! I hate spiders too. I used to be a vet tech and had to hold a tarantula for the vet once and nearly passed out. Ick Ick Ick.

    But this one is super cute! I don't do much for Halloween normally but man do you make it tempting to buy stuff so I could! Lol!

    And btw I like that your words aren't perfectly straight. I think it looks creepy and thought you did it on purpose until you said otherwise.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...