Friday, October 26, 2012

TGIF 05

Hi stampers!  Happy Friday!  Football's finally over which means for the first time in over 9 weeks I have a Friday night to myself!  Woo-hoo!!!!!  Which means Buffalo Wild Wings Friday date nights are back, yay!  We love going to BWW on Friday nights because it's easy to get a seat fast in the bar section (no waiting....did you know that?), I can eat pretty healthy there (IF I so choose, haha), and Jon can have a few frosty beverages.  We like that it's just a casual place that we don't have to wait forever to get in and we can watch sports (as if I don't get enough sports during the work week, ha).  Anyway I'm excited.  Now, in a few weeks I'm sure I'll be tired of it and we'll have to take a break and find a new spot for a bit but it will be nice to not scarf something down in my office or my car after taping a bunch of stinky feet and ankles, lol!

We don't eat there as much as Panera though!  Which no Panera October is still going strong!  I haven't keeled over yet from withdrawal!!!!  But, you can bet where I'll be for breakfast on November 1, lol!  I did have to talk Jon off the ledge the other night.  He wanted to go to dinner there.  He said dinner didn't count, lol!  I said he could go but I wasn't eating.  I said I wasn't going to have it for a month and I meant it:-)

Anyway...onto the good stuff....the new challenge at Fab Friday!  This week is a fun sketch:

I've been excited for this one for a while.  I loved this sketch when I created it and had a lot of ideas for it and I'll probably use it again!  I finally decided to use the holiday collection framelits which have been neglected since the man in brown dropped them off.
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Teeny tiny wishes
Paper:  Whisper white, early espresso, cherry cobbler, lucky limeade, festival of prints DSP stack
Ink:  Early espresso, cherry cobbler, baja breeze, lucky limeade
Accessories:  Delicate doilies sizzlit, holiday collection framelits, 2.5" circle punch, merry mini punch pack, basic rhinestones

I have to say that this sketch really screams Christmas to me.  What about you?  And I did it again.....used whisper white when I meant to use very vanilla.  Oops!  But I'd already popped my tree up on the DSP so it was too late to fix it....but it looks ok. I'm probably the only one who'd ever notice, right?  And speaking of that tree, I thought it would be fun to use the negative image from the framelit and have some DSP showing through!  I just adhered the cut out on top of a circle punched from the DSP.  There are so many fun options for framelits!  And you all know I LOVE the festival of prints DSP stack!

Now, head on over the the Fab Friday site and check out the other fabulous projects and please play along with us!  We can't wait to see what you create!

Happy stamping!

5 comments:

  1. This sketch was fantastic and if all of the entries are as good as the DT samples, picking faves is going to be next to impossible! I love the use of the negative image for your tree and your layered banners. Just beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to use the DSP behind the die cut! I might need those framelits afterall! LOL! Thanks for another great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindy, this is such an awesome card! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!! I love the whole thing!! It's purty!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the use of negative space with DSP behind it. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...