Friday, January 20, 2017

Fab Friday 104

Hi stampers, happy Friday!  This was a short week with Jon having Monday off!  And now Ian has gymnastics on Thursday and then "school" on Friday, so it's gone extra fast!  Wish us luck in the next few weeks...his class is sort of like a pre-preschool and while I go with him for a few weeks it's soon going to become a drop off class.  I've never left him with anyone but family (I don't count the gym since I'm just upstairs in the same building) so I'm a bit nervous and he was a really tough case at the gym.  He's just now in the past few months excited to go and doesn't care that I leave him so I'm hoping he won't have too many tears at school when the time comes!  I think that he's actually really going to love it!  And then this fall, it really will be time for pre-school!!!!

Anyway, it's time for a new challenge over at Fab Friday.


So true confession time: this isn't my first attempt at my challenge card.  I made a whole card (totally different card) and realized I used pool party instead of soft sky, lol!  And that's ok, really...if you don't have a color please feel free to substitute as our challenges are a starting point for your creativity, not the end all be all.  But, I just wasn't happy with it so I ended up with this:

Looking back, I kind of wish I'd used a smaller heart image for this so I may have to try to create a 2.0 this week :-)

I stamped the heart with versamark and then embossed it with clear powder.  Then, I used a sponge dauber to add my color.  I did the same thing with the sentiment and tried to keep my ink within the stitched part of my circle.  I really need to use emboss resist more often, it's a simple but stunning technique.  My one tip is to make sure you take a paper towel or something and wipe your project off after adding the ink.  There's a film of ink left on the embossing and it will really pop if you take the time to wipe it!

I also have to say that I sort of despise the sentiments and fonts in this set, or at least I did.  I think it really works here and matches the tone of my card really well without wanting to make me puke...that's really how much I hated it before, hahahaha!  I can admit that now that the Artisan hop is over (did you see it yesterday, if not please check it out and hop along...my fellow design team members did ah-mahhhh-zing work).  Thanks to them it no longer makes me want to upchuck, lol!

And also make sure to hop on over the the Fab Friday blog and check out the fabulousness that they have made as well!  And make sure to play along!

And one other note, I'm always appreciative of comments!  However, I'm NOT good at adulting and don't always reply to them and for that I'm sorry!  I TRY to but I forget and then somehow I miss a bunch of them.  I just approved a big list of them that I missed over the past 6 months (OMG how does that happen). So, please know I wasn't ignoring you, I simply forgot or missed it or both lol!  If you ever really want to ask me something your best bet is to email.  I don't "like" replying to comments because I never know if the person "got" the reply if that makes sense ;-)  I'm also terrible at FB messages!  Adulting is hard, I tell ya! ;-)

Happy stamping! Product List

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...