Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Cuckoo For You

Hi stampers!  Happy Tuesday!  Today I'm sharing a card with a bundle in the new catalog that gave me ALL THE FEELS when I laid eyes on it.  It's the Cuckoo for You Bundle and it's super cute, fun, and even interactive.  I didn't use the moveable pieces this time but that'll be coming.  SU has a great instructional video on their YouTube channel if you want to see it in action and see that it's not complicated at all!

Anyway, when I saw this in the catalog it immediately reminded me that my Grandma Bingamon had a little cuckoo clock on the wall and I used to LOVE helping her wind it up.  I'd stand on the arm of the love seat and use the little key and then get the little lady on the swing going (it was one of those that had the lady on the swing, google it if you don't know what I'm talking about).  Anyway, I had kind of forgotten about that and I wish I knew were the clock was!  It was one of my favorite things about going to her house!


I didn't do a true cuckoo clock but I was in a time crunch this weekend so I just did one little pinecone instead of two plus the pendulum.  That's the great thing about stamping, creative liberties! ;-)

I did emboss my clock in white and color it in for a more whitewashed effect.  The clocks are usually pretty brightly colored but again, creative liberty ;-)


I used our Watercolor Pencils to color and then stamped a few accents with Early Espresso when it was thoroughly dry.  I don't love the way it turned out but I invested too much time in it to not use it :-)  The next one will be a bit brighter!


Happy stamping!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...