Friday, October 18, 2013

Fab Friday 29

Hi stampers!  It's Friday again and time for a new challenge over at Fab Friday!

And it's finally feeling like fall here!  In fact, I've been cold since it went from 70-80 to like 50!!!!  We are going to watch my kids (I know they aren't my athletes anymore since I quit but they'll always be my kiddos, hehe) play their last home football game tonight!  I don't miss much about my job but I miss them!  I taught an outreach Turbokick class at the school the other night through my YMCA job and about 20 of the basketball kids did it with me.....HIL-AIR-IOUS!!!!  :-)  I think my abs got more of a workout from laughing than the actual exercise, ha!

So anyway, here's the challenge!


Isn't it fun?  I think so!  So since it's finally fall I made a fall themed card!

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Truly grateful
Paper:  Very vanilla, crushed curry, baked brown sugar, sweater weather DSP
Ink:  Crushed curry, baked brown sugar, gold encore
Accessories:  Distressing tool, linen thread (from the thankful tablescape kit), chevron punch, witch's brew washi tape

I was really excited that the gold shimmer came out well in the photo!  I love the gold (and silver) encore pad!  I had this panel sitting on my desk for a while just waiting to do something with it when the time was right.  I used a sponge dauber to make the polka dots.  I kind of love how it turned out :-)  The ink didn't take for the sentiment over the gold ink so well so that's my one word of caution if you try that!

Now make sure to check out the rest of the DT's creations and then play along!  We'd LOVE to see what you do with the sketch!

And thanks for your kind (and sometimes funny) words about my lack of blogging lately :-)

Happy stamping!

3 comments:

  1. Hello! There! Good to see you back here :) love your card and te challenge :)
    Lets hope I can make it of I Come back from holidays on time :)
    x geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those gold polka dots Mindy! I'm totally stealing that idea!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those gold polka dots Mindy! I'm totally stealing that idea!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...