Saturday, October 19, 2013

It's freaky time


Hi stampers!  It's that time again!  Time for another Control Freaks Blog Hop!  I just have to take a minute to say THANK YOU to my fellow freaks!  I was able to participate in my first swap with them and WOW!  What amazing cards I got back!  By far the best swap I've ever done!  But, I knew it would be like that since everyone is SO super talented :-)  And you probably have figured that our already as well since you probably just came from the wonderful Connie Babbert's blog!  If you didn't then don't worry as we make a circle so keep clicking the links to see everyone's fabulous projects!



So I am very GRATEFUL to be included in this fabulous group of stampers and flat out fabulous people!  And wouldn't you know that's the theme for this month....gratitude.  And it's funny, I was just thinking last night as I was going to bed how grateful I am for so many great things in my life.  The past year has not been an easy one for me for lots of reasons and there are still things in my life I'd like to change but I am so thankful for ALL the wonderful things/people/stuff in my life that I DO have!

So enough of the sappy stuff :-)

My first project is a simple card using the truly grateful stamp set which I love because it makes super easy and fun bakgrounds which are very collage like!  And that's not something I'm good at so this set makes it super simple!  I'm also very grateful for the thinlits (hehe) because I LOVE them!  I did cheat and use the retired spritzer.  I just can't seem to make good spritzes with anything else.  I'm still bummed they retired it!

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Truly grateful
Paper:  Very vanilla, sahara sand, tangerine tango, crushed curry, sweater weather DSP
Ink:  Sahara sand, chocolate chip, soft sky
Accessories:  Thinlits expressions, color spritzer

My next project uses the tablescape kit.  I wanted to do something a bit different than what they showed for for the napkin holder pockets.  I really like the "fan" look of half of a lolly so that's what I did.  In part because I didn't make my lolly long enough and it ripped when I made it, lol!


Stampin' Supplies:

Stamps:  Truly grateful, tags 4 you
Paper:  Very vanilla, sweater weather DSP
Ink:  Crumb cake, crushed curry
Accessories:  Thankful tablescape kit, natural ribbon, scallop circle and circle punches, bracket punch

And last one is my favorite :-)  I doubted I would do the candles and stuff from the tablescape kit so I wanted to put it to use!  And I love the birchwood looking paper so I put it on my card.  I also love the chalkboard look so I was excited to use the little placards which by the way feel fun, they are like really smooth, lol!  I did manage to smear my sentiment all over the place but I was able to fix it by wiping it off carefully and trying again!
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Truly grateful,
Paper:  Chocolate chip, Tangerine tango
Ink:  Craft white, crushed curry
Accessories:  Thankful tablescape kit, natural ribbon, linen thread, chalk marker


I'm also thankful for this blog hop in particular.  As you know, I've not had much inspiration as of late so this forced me to sit down and create and I had fun and kind of got in a rhythm for a while!

And now you're off to the fabulous Patty Bennett's blog!



Happy hopping and stamping!

1 comment:

  1. Love you, Mindy!! SOOOO glad you are "officially" part of the Freaks ... it's more fun when we get to do this with our BFF's!! And ... um ... you projects this month?? LOVELOVELOVE! First card? Gorgeous!! Your "half lolly" is PERFECT!! I think I am gonna hafta get that kit now ... and your last card?? My fave, too!! LOVE that Birchwood paper and how you used it ... and that chalkboard element just MAKES it!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...