Saturday, February 1, 2014

The Golden Age

Hi stampers!  So I have a super simple card for you today and sadly the photo does NOT do it justice!  I tried and tried to make it look as good as it does in person but it wasn't working!  But gold is IN now and I'm kind of surprised I've embraced it in both stamping and fashion!  A few years ago you would not have caught me in gold and now it's almost all I wear :-)  Sadly, one day I'll probably hate it all again (lol) but I hope that takes a while...I may have quite an earring collection ;-)  And SU has a ton of fun gold toned products!!!!

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Hip notes
Paper:  Whisper white, brushed gold
Ink:  Encore gold
Accessories:  Decorative label punch, linen thread, watercolor wonder washi tape

I used one of my favorite sketches and the watercolor wonder washi tape which is very pretty in person!  I also used the brushed gold cardstock which has been around for ages and I tend to pass over it but it's GOR-JUS!!!!   Looking back I probably should have cut the main panel down a bit more to show more of the gold!  And I was going to emboss the sentiment which would look great as well but...well...I'm lazy and instead of pulling all the supplies out for that I remembered the gold ink we have in the mini!  It also looks much better in person!

Have you embraced the gold trend?  If not, give it a try!  It's a perfect time to stock up on the gold stuff too with SAB!

Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...