Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Christmas Catalog Case

Hi stampers!  Happy hump day!  I've done a lot of casing (copying if you're new here) from the Holiday Catalog lately.  Ideas have been slow to come so that's my fall back, just copy the amazing projects in the catalog!  It's the first source of inspiration!  I may have gotten this punch and tin JUST to make this card ;-)

The Christmas Traditions Punch Box is so nifty!  It comes with the pretty red tin (which you can repurpose or use the whole kit and caboodle as a great gift for your favorite crafter), the punch, two ink spots, and a clear block and stamp set!  How fun, right?  The card I remade is featured in the spread and you can see it here.  I just adjusted a few products to work with what I had and there's a fun little hack involved, too.


Before we get into it, let me apologize again for my picture!  The sun refuses to shine here and it was SO dark taking pictures, I'm so sorry!

Anyway, I think on the supply list I had, I missed that they stamped their background in Cherry Cobbler on Real Red Cardstock, which would have been fantastic but I noticed too late.  It would have been much richer!  The background is actually a few of the stamps all put together right side up, upside down, and sideways....genius!

My ribbon is retired but GASP I didn't have anything current that would work so I hope you can forgive me this once!


I subbed out the Sprig Punch for the framelits they used in the catalog and I love it!  And finally, the hack.  It took me a while to realize they had used the punch in the box to make the vellum label.  And then it took me an embarrassingly long amount of time to figure out how they had done it.  :-)  I figured out they had basically turned it sideways and had a major DUH moment once it hit me!

 If you've never done this technique which I call "selective punching", you actually insert your cardstock on the bottom of the punch right inside the little slot that's there.  I measured it and cut my strip to size and then just inserted one end and punched.  Turn it around and do the same...easy peasy...once I figure out it was sideways :-)  Doesn't that make an awesome label shape AND you can make it any length you need!  I'll try to video it once the sun come out...if it ever does!

And one little note about the "& Bright" sentiment.  At first, I thought it came from the Merry Christmas to All set (which matches the framelits used here) but after stamping it, I realized it wasn't it as the words were both the same size.  Turns out, they had selectively inked on of the stamps in the punch box!  So I redid it and liked it much more with the slightly smaller &.

Remember to really use your catalog for inspiration, especially if you're in a slump!  You don't have to be original...only creative!

Happy stamping!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...