Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Craft Central

Hi stampers!  I found a new challenge blog!  Not sure how I hadn't ever seen this one since it seems to be hosted by the creator of another challenge blog that I like but I think it's fairly new.  It's called Craft Project Central and you can check out the challenge by clicking on the name!

I'm always on the lookout for good sketches as that is the part I tend to struggle the most with on a card.  As you know, my style is fairly clean and simple so this sketch was perfect!  It's very much like a card that I cased for my Fall Frenzy class as well.  This time though, I took a Christmas approach.   For some reason I'm in a Christmas card kind of mood the past few days.  My head says I should focus on Halloween first then fall/Thanksgiving due to the date (and I'm way behind on Halloween cards this year) but my heart is all about Christmas colors this week!


Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Welcome Christmas, distressed dots, tiny tags
Paper: crumb cake, whisper white, cherry cobbler, in color DSP stack
Ink:  Cherry cobbler, versamark
Accessories:  Pewter EP, cherry cobbler dotted scalloped ribbon, border punch

I also went for a sort of bold color scheme too.  I paired lucky limeade with cherry cobbler!  Not super traditional but it works, especially with some crumb cake and clean whisper white.  It's a bit vintage and a but clean.  Anyway, here I go with the distressed dots again and I added the striped DSP panel to counter the dots.  I like all the textures going on!  The sentiment was embossed with our new pewter EP.  It looks funny in the picture with my lighting but it's very pretty!

This was a fun sketch to play along with!  Happy stamping!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mindy! Love your Christmas card and especially the pretty embossing!! Thanks for joining our Creating Pretty Cards challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE you card!!! Thanks for playing along with the Sketch challenge!!
    -Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...