Monday, October 31, 2011

Quoth the raven

Happy Halloween stampers!  I have a super spooky project to share today but I have a "horror story" first.  This is the first year that I can remember that I have NOT dressed up for Halloween or gone to a party!  The shock, the horror!!!!!  If you know me then you know I LOVE Halloween, it rates right up there with Christmas for me!  It's super fun to decorate and super fun to come up with costumes and be someone you aren't for a day or two!  We usually go to my BFF's boyfriend's for a party and he goes all out, I think he likes H-ween as much as me!  But this year my hubby got sick:-(  We made it about an hour away from home but he was feeling worse and worse.  He wanted to keep going but I said there was no sense in him being miserable.  I wouldn't have had fun anyway knowing he was sick.  So, after driving for over 2 hours we ended up back at home:-(  I guess we can always wear our costumes next year.  Anyway, so sad!!! I didn't dress up at work either because everyone else was lame (hahaha) and didn't want to.  Oh well, maybe I'll just show up in costume some random day, lol!

See, wasn't that a terrible Halloween story????  Now, onto the spooky project!  I had been wanting to make my own crow from the mini catalog for a while.  I got the crow about a month ago (and it quite freaked my hubby out when I left it out on the counter one night...scared him the next morning, lol) but never got around to making him.  Hubby couldn't imgagine what I was going to do with such a weird thing but really liked how it turned out!  So, this past week I finally got him done!  Isn't he super spooky?  Just look:


Sorry for the bad/blurry pic.  It's the best I could do with the light early this morning.  I used one of the decor elements blocks and covered it with DSP.  After I put him all together (he is hot glued onto the block) I sprayed him and the block with spray adhesive and sprinkled dazzling diamonds over it.  Now, I goofed a bit and he's got one super sparkly spot but that's ok.  The spray adhesive and glitter technique does take some practice.  I also think  I should have used a different box out in the garage to spray him and catch the glitter but I couldn't find another one.  At least I know for next time:-) 

I hope everyone has a safe and spooky Halloween!

Happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. I love him! I wish I was better at 3-D projects. This will be a fun decoration to keep for years! Happy Halloween! Sorry you didn't get to dress up. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...