Tuesday, February 21, 2012

HSS 106

Hi stampers!  Happy Tuesday!  It's time for another challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments!  This week it's another technique I hadn't tried before....color blocking!


This card is special for another reason too...it's the very FIRST card I made in my new studio!  I haven't had much time to stamp in it yet between working a lot and going to see my mom this past weekend. Hopefully I can get all caught up this week!  I have to say I wasn't thrilled with the technique or my card as I was working on it BUT it ended up turning out SO CUTE!  I love when that happens:-)

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Send me soaring
Paper:  Whisper white, pool party, lucky limeade
Ink:  Pool party, lucky limeade, calypso coral
Accessories:  Adorning accents edgelits dies & embossing folders, labels collection framelits, organdy ribbon (SAB), pool party ruffled ribbon

It turned out so cute!  I was kind of at a loss of what stamp set to use for the color blocking and then it hit me!  I think the kites look totally awesome this way!  And all I did for the blocks of color was use my smallest clear block!  I did make sure not to ink it up too good because I wanted the color much lighter than the kite image I was going to stamp over it.  I will be doing this again for sure!

Now, go check out what the rest of the DT came up with and then play along and do some color blocking!

Happy stamping!

3 comments:

  1. Very cute card! Love how you did the kites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMW!!! I know I already told you this but I LOVE your card, such fun colors and images- SOOO pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! This is just adorable!! What a wonderful idea to use the kites with this technique!! Great job!! Amy L.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...