Monday, February 6, 2012

Mailable Monday - Just My Type

Hi stampers and happy Monday!  It's time for another installment of "mailable Monday".  I've been failing big time lately at making mailable cards.  I just can't resist sticking a pearl or something on my cards:-)  I've got to keep remembering that less can be more (I should REALLY remember that about food, lol).

So for this card I did two things I've been wanting to do for a while.  First, I've been wanting to make a card with black, gray, and yellow.  Secondly, I've been wanting to use the Just my type set with the first edition DSP.  I also added just a pop of poppy parade:

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Just my type
Paper:  Basic gray, very vanilla, daffodil delight, poppy parade (textured), first edition DSP
Ink:  Basic black, basic gray, daffodil delight
Accessories:  Triple heart punch, labels collection framelits

I just love all the little phrases you can put in the typewriter image!  I sponged the main image with basic gray and then also sponged the yellow banner with daffodil delight.  It's hard to see that yellow sponging in the photo but it makes a world of difference and really makes the banner stand out and not just sit there looking all stark:)

What's funny is that this card is so simple yet it took me all night to bring it together....clean and simple is always the hardest for me:-)

Happy stamping!

3 comments:

  1. Love! You are trying to make me sad that I got the kites and not the typewriter, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I'm expecting this stamp set on my porch today when I get home from work and school and am so excited to get to use it! I'm bookmarking this for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you mean "mailable", Mindy? I thought all cards were supposed to be packaged in a bubble envelope and cost $5.50 to send. LOL! I LOVE this installment on your blog! Making mailable cards is something I need to focus on more often and this is super-duper inspiration. The typewriter is a perfect match with the newsprint paper. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...