Thursday, August 17, 2017

Sharing Sweet Thoughts Shaker Card - Stampin Up Global Artisan Design Team Blog Hop

\Hi stampers!  It's time for another Stampin' Up Artisan Hop!  Hop around the globe with us and see what we've got for you!  Don't forget to use Google Translate to help you keep up if need be!

This time around, the focus is the Sharing Sweet Thoughts stamp set which can be found on the very back inside cover of the annual catalog.  It's easy to miss but oh so cute AND it's a stamp set for a great cause!  Stampin Up will donate $3 to the Ronald McDonald House Charities when you purchase this stamp set!  If you're unfamiliar, RMDC helps keep families close to the hospital when their little ones are receiving treatment.  I have a few good friends who have been greatly blessed by this service and I can't imagine how hard it would be to try to find lodging when you have a sick child.  Ian was actually hospitalized the day after we were discharged from when he was born for three days.  Fortunately, we were able to stay in the room with him but this service would have been invaluable had we not been able to!

Along with being super cute, this set also coordinates with the Everyday Jars Framleit Dies!  As soon as I saw our assignment, I knew I wanted to do a shaker card!



I cut out the jar on whisper white and then I stamped the jar from the set on another, smaller piece of whisper white.  I also stamped the grass on the inside.  I embossed the lid with silver and then colored it in lightly with a blender pen and smokey slate ink for a Mason jar look.  I used to catch lightning bugs and lady bugs like this at my grandma's house.  Can you see the lid has little air holes at the top?  So cute and nostalgic!  A little bit of linen thread around before I adhered it with our mini dimensionals completed the jar.  

I cut out the branch and a few ladybugs and adhered them down with some glue dots and then put a couple of "loose" lady bugs in as well and my sequins.  



The pick a pattern DSP was the perfect background since I wanted red and black for ladybugs.  I cut it at 4.25 X 5.5 inches and mounted it directly on a card base of thick whisper white card stock.


So, I tried and tried to make a little GIF of this card but since I've been at my mom's for over a week with SLOW internet, it wouldn't work.  My phone in on the fritz too, so I wasn't able to use an app in the app store either, ugh!  I will try to get one done and updated when I get non-flintstone era wifi ;-)  


And now you're off to Miriam in the Netherlands so see what cuteness she came up with!  Safe travels ;-)



I hope that you'll be inspired to purchase this set and make a difference in the life of a family!

Happy stamping!

Product List

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Mindy! Fun shaker and loving the cute ladybugs stamped on the Real Red cardstocl and fussy cut out. Love it! Thanks for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sehr schön! Vielen Dank für's teilen! Liebe Grüße Maike (heute mal auf Deutsch 😁)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable Mindy! Apparently you and I had the same idea! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...