Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Pretty Pines

Hi stampers!  So, there was some discussion on some Stampin' Up forums that I'm a part of about using black on a Christmas card.  Some people just couldn't see using black on a Christmas card, ever!  Personally, I think it works great!  I suggested just trying black as an accent and challenged myself to make a card and this is what I came up with!  I think it's perfectly festive and the black adds a nice pop!


I'm also really in love with real red, emerald envy, and lemon lime twist for Christmas!  I wasn't sure about lemon lime for Christmas but I think I'm sold!  You can also mix metallics!  I used copper for my bow and gold for my pinecone!

I also think black and white Christmas cards could be quite elegant!

Which camp are you in?  Will you be using black on Christmas cards?  If not, I hope you'll be inspired to try!

Happy stamping!

Product List

3 comments:

  1. THIS card is awesome! I didn't know that people wouldn't use black in a holiday card...your card is a perfect example of how fabulous it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used black on a whole bunch of Christmas cards this year! I posted a card today that wouldn't have been nearly as nice with any other color other than black and it reminded me of this story you told. I didn't realize how long ago it was, though! Haha! Anyway, I'm definitely on team Black for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! People were VERY opinionated on black for Christmas! ;-)

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...