Thursday, July 26, 2012

Artisan finalist swap

Hi stampers!  So one of my goals I set at convention last week was to post more videos.  Honestly I quit doing them because my memory card got full and I didn't want to take the time to delete pictures, lol!  Lazy!  I know!  Anyway, I'm back up and running and hope to have at least one video per week for you!

I thought my Artisan swap would be the perfect place to start!  I wanted to do a card that was both "wow" and me at the same time....and by me I mean clean and simple.  I fretted for weeks over the card but I'm really pleased with how it came out and I hope the other finalists and Shellie (OMG) liked it too!
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Greetings of the season
Ink:  Midnight muse, marina mist reinker
Paper:  Whisper white, crumb cake, midnight muse
Accessories:  Large pearls, dazzling details, white frost shimmer paint, stampin' spritzers, bigz snow flurry die
 
I used the new snowflake die in the Holiday catalog to create a stencil and made my own shimmer mist.  Hard to see in the photo (and sorry I couldn't get it to photograph better) but it's very subtle and shimmery!  The new stampin' spritz bottles are awesome and CHEAP!  Cheap enough to have one for every color:-)  The following video shows how I did it...and has a few oopsies in it...I hope they make you smile.  I chose not to edit my mistakes out so you can see I make just as many as anyone!  LOL!  I also added dazzling details to the smallest snowflake.  I also have to mention that I had all of these (26 of them) out on the kitchen table drying and I threatened my hubby within an inch of his life to NOT touch them!  I could just see him picking one up to tell me he liked it (he's such a good hubby...always humoring me about my projects) and totally smearing or messing them up, lol!  Poor guy...it was like he was in trouble without even doing anything;-)  Oh and sorry about the dog barking!  She barks so much I didn't even realize it while I was filming, lol!  The cats across the street LOVE to sit outside and torture her!



And finally I had a question on my post from yesterday asking if I used the new ink pads on my deer card and YES!  I have ALL the new inks and they are all I use!  The old ones are packed up and I LOVE the ink coverage of the new pads! 

And if there's anything you are interested in seeing a video of please let me know:-)

Happy stamping!!!!

6 comments:

  1. so fun to hear your voice!! GREAT video and congrats!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great video and I love that card! I agree with Dawn, it's cool to hear your voice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job!! Your voice is very soothing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mindy, I'm jumping up and down with excitement and I haven't even WATCHED it yet! I LOVE videos and watching one of YOU is so darn exciting I can hardly stand it! LOVED the podcast too - I listened to the whole thing! Looking for more videos and podcasts from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great video and great tips Mindy! I look forward to watching more!! Beautiful swap card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mindy,
    Video is fabulous - thanks for sharing all the details on an awesome swap. Making more videos is a goal of mine too.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...