Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Halloween...er....

I mean happy fourth of July!  LOL!  Hi stampers!  Why the funny title?  Well because I got my pre-order from the new Holiday Seasonal catalog yesterday!  Remember, they aren't called minis anymore...even though I'm sure I'll slip up and call it that!  They aren't called minis because they aren't:-)  They of course are thinner than the annual catalog but they are the same size at 8.5 x 11.  Which means....they have packed a TON of stuff in there...and I feel like I ordered it ALL when looking at it all spread out on my floor!  Where in the heck am I going to put all this? LOL!

Anyway, I finally got to stamp this morning.  I didn't get anything done last night because the fireworks we were going to watch were last night instead of tonight like we had thought they were.  I always have a hard time deciding what to use first when I get new stuff so I sat and stared for a while today:-)  I finally decided that since Halloween is the next holiday that I should start there!  I chose the new single stamp frightening feline which is funny because I wasn't even thinking of ordering it until my friend Rita pointed it out and told me she loved it...BUT I got it free with the awesome special going on this month!  For every order (or workshop) over $450 you get EXTRA hostess dollars!

I thought he would look totally cute using emboss resist!  I did two layouts because I couldn't figure out which I liked better.
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Frightening feline, teeny tiny wishes
Paper:  Very vanilla, basic gray, tangerine tango, more mustard, howlstooth & scaringbone DSP
Ink:  Versamark, basic gray, tangerine tango, more mustard
Accessories:  labels collection & bitty banners framelits, basic rhinestones, 1/2" striped satin ribbon, houndstooth embossing folder, clear embossing powder

I LOVE the patterns and colors in the new halloween DSP...but boy is the name a mouthful, lol!  I don't use much tangerine tango so I'm glad this color is in the DSP since it will force me to use it!  I think I like the one without the ribbon the best but I wanted to try to use it since it's new! 

I hope everyone has a great fourth!  And a big thanks to all our service people for keeping this great country a terrific place to stamp:-)

Happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Fourth....aka ween-er roast day to you, too. Cute card, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...