Tuesday, July 10, 2012

HSS 126

Hi stampers!  It's Tuesday and time for a fun new challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments!  I have to say that this week had me stumped (I wasn't feeling any of the few fruit stamps I had)....


....for a while...and then I got my Holiday Seasonal (formerly the mini) pre-order!!!!!  One of the first things I played with was the canning bundle or the perfectly preserved bundle as it's official name is.  I LOVE this bundle/suite!  It's got fun and pretty DSP, a cute stamp set with a little Mason jar and things to put in it AND the best part...FRAMELITS!!!!!  To cut out all those cute little things!  And something else cool...if you want the stamp set and the framelits you can get them in a bundle at a 15% discount!!! Yah-hoo!

Anyway, I loved this little suite because it brings back fond memories of my mom's mom or my "granny".  She had a farm and a big garden and would can all sorts of things from beans to beets (yuck) and even meat!  LOL!  No meat stamps here but seriously, have you had homegrown/canned beef?  It's so yummy!  We would make pot roast with it but the best way to eat is was cold out of the jar, lol!  Is that odd??? :-) Anyway I love this suite because it makes me think of happy memories with granny helping her can!  Just look how cute it is:
Stamps:  Perfectly preserved, netting
Paper:  Whisper white, cherry cobbler, lucky limeade, island indigo
Ink:  Basic black, early espresso, cherry cobbler, lucky limeade, island indigo
Accessories:  Finishing touches edgelits, cannery set, window frames collection, and bitty banners framelits, island indigo ruffled ribbon, cherry cobbler baker's twine, vintage faceted buttons, festive paper-piercing pack

Ack!  This is probably one of my most favorite cards in a long time!  I love the colors which were inspired by the DSP and you'll see a new framelit on there too!  And I just love the pear, it's so cute!  Now, I did make a bit of a goof but you'd probably never notice but I'll point it out.  I wasn't exactly sure where I was going with the card and I realized after I'd put it together that the DSP has very vanilla and I had stamped on whisper white!  Hate when I do that, lol!

Now, head on over to HSS to see what the other DT members came up with and get a little fruity...we all know I am:-)

Happy stamping!

10 comments:

  1. love your card!! I hate when I have a white/vanilla mix-up too :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bada-Bing! This card is just too dang cute! No problem with the Very Vanilla and Whisper White. I think the WW makes the jar look clear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool Minders!! I can't believe I remembered to come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this suite...one of my faves in the holiday catalog. Love the way you put this all together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so in love with this suite and you hit a homerun with it! Truly perfect. ...and on a side note my dad cans beef and I'm with you-yum...though I've never had straight out of the jar :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so cute with your family story. Never really had homemade canned anything myself, but am liking this suite, too. Totally LOVE this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another adorable card! I am going to order this bundle right now. I am still crossing my fingers that you WIN at convention. (Good luck - can't wait to see your entry). ewray

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card Mindy! I can't wait til you can share your Artisian Entries with us, I bet they are Fabulous!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your colours are perfect, dude.

    Deuces, B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...