Friday, July 27, 2012

Try stampin' on Tuesday...er Thursday

Hi stampers!  I had the day off yesterday and today so I got a LOT of stamping done!  I kind of needed a kick start after convention so the first thing I did was play with the Try Stampin' On Tuesday sketch challenge. 

I got the world spectacular DSP in my last order because I knew I'd be coming home with the You're Amazing set as we got it at convention!  I loved this set when I saw it in the catalog and it was hard to have to wait to get it, ha!  So, I wanted to be ready to put it to use!  I came up with this card....
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  You're amazing
Ink:  Early espresso, daffodil delight, cherry cobbler, island indigo
Paper:  Very vanilla, early espresso, island indigo, world spectacular DSP
Accessories:  Dotted scallop punch, gold smooch accent ink, gold stampin' dazzle marker

It's not my favorite ever but I don't hate it:-)  I added some of the smooch accent ink around the edges in the end and I think I should have done more of that on the other layer.  I'm sad that stuff retired!  It is fun to use!  I also used the new stampin' dazzle marker to accent the little star and some of the line.  These are in the new Holiday catalog which goes live on August 1!  We got them (both the gold and silver) FREE at convention when we walked into the awards night party!  They seriously spoil us!

I think this would make a good masculine card with the colors!  This one may find it's way to my hubby....because he's amazing...even if he does leave a gallon of milk in my car for two days when it's over 100:-) 

Happy stamping!

6 comments:

  1. Oh Mindy! This card is just FABULOUS!! In fact, I think I might have to make this one! I'm assuming you used your markers to ink this stamp up? I haven't gotten to stamp yet since Convention and this weekend DH and I are watching 3 of the little girls - they're arriving soon! But maybe I could stamp this after they go to bed...

    Hugs!!
    Susan, aka Soozie4Him on SCS
    moot96 AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Job. So glad you found time to play along with us at Try stampin On tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card... totally going to make some cards now. And see, I should have gone to Awards Night! Great job Miss Mindy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job. Love your combination of colours, patterns and stamp sets. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin on Tuesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Mindy, I am so glad you got to play with my sketch:) I love how you inked up the stamp with several different colours-so fun! Thanks for joining us at TRy Stampin' on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sentiment suits your design to a T. Beautiful job..Thanks for playing at Try Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...