Sunday, July 29, 2012

I love my mummy!

Hi stampers!  I just got back from a fun weekend with my momma (and my hubs too, hehe)!  We went to Indy to do The Color Run!  If you haven't ever heard of this you have to got check it out and watch the videos on the site!  It was SO fun!  Basically it's a 5k where they throw colored dust (cornstarch) at you each kilometer so you're all splattered by the end! See....all clean and white before the race...

 And all colorful after...
We didn't get as splattered during the race as we thought we would but after the post-race throw we were a little brighter....just look...
My legs were really covered!  I thought my legs might be green for the rest of the day when I took a shower, ha!  And pay no attention to my mustache....in hindsight it was probably a bad idea since it didn't readily wash away, lol!  I have to say though that this look DID inspire a card today!

And not only was the run in and of itself fun but there were SO many crazy people (around 30,000 we think!) and they had a bunch of DJ's and played fun music and stuff!  We asked my mom to go with us and she walked while we ran!  It was her second 5K and I was proud of her!  I hope she had as much fun as we did!  Anyway, if there is a color run near you I highly suggest doing it!  Tons of fun even if we did have to get up at 5am!!!

But all the fun I had with my momma inspired me to make this card with the cute little mummy because I love my mummy..I mean mommy:-)
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Googly ghouls, teeny tiny wishes
Paper:  Very vanilla, basic black, tangerine tango, howlstooth and scaringbone DSP
Ink:  Staz-on, crumb cake, river rock, tangerine tango
Accessories:  Blender pen, googlies, 1/2" striped satin ribbon, linen thread, brushed bronze designer buttons, circle and scalloped circle punches

Squeeee! Isn't that mummy just the cutest?  I used my blender pen and some crumb cake and river rock ink to dirty him up a bit.  It's kind of a busy card but I think it works!  And if you don't agree I'll send my mummy after you;-)  Off to wash everything from yesterday, lol!

Happy stamping!

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures from your color run! I'm doing one in St. Louis in just a few weeks! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your mummy card is so adorable
    I will be casing you
    thanks for all your great cards
    that you share with us

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...