Monday, January 22, 2018

Kitchen Sink Valentine

Hi stampers!  Happy Monday!  I'm hoping this week starts out better than last week with me pulling my hamstring!  I wasn't able to sit at my desk much last week but it's finally feeling better and I was able to lightly kickbox on Friday!  So, here's hoping I can stamp and workout this week!

Before I injured myself, I had made this card and totally forgot about it!  It's pretty busy but I kind of love it!  Valentine's Day will be here before you know it (even IF January does seem to drag on FOR-EV-ER...does it not? I feel like it's been January for 97 days already and no end in sight but anyway...)!


So, this isn't a typical background for me, the lazy stamper!  Why?  Because it's took ages to dry lol!  I started with a watercolor wash in calypso coral and then let it mostly dry.  When it was just a little bit damp (because I'm impatient) I flicked on some melon mambo ink from my marker.  I might have flicked pool party on it too, but since it took so long I can't really remember, LOL!!!!!  Once it was totally dry, I stamped the hearts in powder pink and used an aquapianter with bermuda bay to drop some big splatters on.  For that, I just dipped it into my ink and then squeezed a lot of water out and let the drops fall while moving it all around.  Then I sat it to dry.

Once it was dry I just loaded it up with everything I could put my hands on ;-)  The Heart Happiness stamp set is really cute and I love this simple polka dot heart.  I embossed it in white on melon mambo which is a color I haven't used much so I'm trying to change that!

Hope you like my kitchen sink card because it's has about everything on it but the kitchen sink!

Happy stamping! Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...