Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Season Of Whimsy...Is Over

Hi stampers!  How is everyone's new year going?  I'm not getting a lot done over here, it's too cold!  I just wanna lay on the couch under three blankets with he dog :-)  It was in the single digits yesterday and at home it's in the negative.  I've really become accustom to Oklahoma because I can't even fathom negatives any more! Ha!

Anyway, the holiday season is over and I'm always a little sad.  I'll miss all the decorations and lights and music and all that stuff.  I'll also miss all the FABULOUS stuff from the Holiday Catalog which include the CUTE host stamp set, Season of Whimsy.  I sure didn't use this one up to it's potential even though I just HAD to have it.   So, I rallied out from under my cocoon and made one more card with it.


I kind of feel like I'm stuck in a color rut and have been using the same colors over and over.  At least I added in some pear pizazz today to shake things up.

Here's a close up of my image.  I heat embossed my image on watercolor paper and then used my aqua painter to add just a little color.  Remember, you can ink your stamp in versa mark and then directly into your black pad and emboss with that.  I just used clear powder.  I promise, it won't ruin your pad.  I usually get some questions about it.  Anyway, I think it turned out pretty cute!  Looks like my style going into 2018 is pretty clean and simple so far!


I hope your year is off to a good start and that you're keeping warm!

Happy stamping!
Product List

1 comment:

  1. This is such a fun card, Mindy. I like your use of washi tape. It's a reminder to me to use it. I have quite a stash but forget to use it. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...