Saturday, March 3, 2012

A bright new challenge!

Hi stampers!  Happy Saturday!  Hope you're all having a wonderful start to your weekend!  I've got a challenge card to share today!  I really liked the color challenge this week over at Create with Connie and Mary that used the colors daffodil delight, lucky limeade, and island indigo!  It's a perfect spring color combo!  I had lots of ideas for this one but I'm sharing the first one I made today.  When looking through my (many) stamp sets I settled on my friend because I thought the lucky limeade would work GREAT with the flower/leaves image and that's exactly what I did.  I stamped the image with versamark then embossed with clear powder and sponged over it all with lucky limeade ink.  It pops so well!
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  My friend, pursuit of happiness
Paper:  Whisper white, daffodil delight, lucky limeade, island indigo, attic boutique DSP
Ink:  Lucky limeade, versamark, white craft ink
Accessories:  Clear and white embossing powder, itty bitty punch pack, basic pearls, everyday enchantment ribbon and brad pack (SAB)

I also really like the use of the white embossing powder on the sentiment on the dark cardstock, it also pops out really well!  I'm on a mission to cut and USE up a lot of my DSP so I cut into some of the attic boutique DSP (and I need to use way more since I accidentally ordered two pack, ugh) to make a little banner.   For my little flowers I bent up the petals and added some leaves with the green organdy ribbon from the SAB freebie pack.  Mini glue dots work perfect for adhering the ribbon and the flowers!  It's my favorite adhesive for small little details.

It turned out to be a very simple little card but with the bright colors it really packs a punch!  I'm off to cut up more DSP:-)

Happy stamping!

PS...I'm editing this to address something I forgot earlier and then my memory was jogged by Jodi's comment:-)  I was lazy and didn't use my embossing buddy on my first card and it was a disaster!  Always use your embossing buddy ESPECIALLY when white embossing on dark cardstock:-)  It really makes for a much cleaner image.  Don't be lazy like me!  I pulled it out for the second one (and that's the one you see in the picture) and it was much better.  Now, as of right now you cannot order the little buddy as SU is having a problem with the manufacturer but if you have one, USE IT!!!  And hopefully SU can get back on track and have it available soon!

12 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your emboss resist on this one. It looks awesome! Greta way to use those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a bright happy card! Love love love the color combo. Really like the look of the emboss resist technique. Will have to give that a try. The embossed sentiment really does pop on the blue background. I love that look, but need to get the embossing buddy so I don't end up with the little powder everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bright happy card! Really like the look of the emboss resist technique. Will need to give that one a try. I also like the look of the embossed sentiment on the dark paper. Need to get the embossing buddy, so I can get that nice clean look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, not sure why my comment doubled yesterday. Thanks for letting us know that the embossing buddy isn't available from SU right now. I'll definitely be watching for it to be available again to avoid any future embossing messes. Guess I'll just stick to white ink on dark paper for the short term.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with the emboss resist, so perfect with the colors we used this week. Thanks for playing with us this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The emboss resist technique is simply stunning here, Mindy! I love how you've added the little flowers to the image and the embossed sentiment is gorgeous. Such a beautiful use of our colors this week! Thank you for playing along with us at CCMC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card! Love the colors, the emboss-resist and the little flowers added on top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the embossing and sponging with the cute little 3D flowers tucked in there. Pretty card. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! I just love how you embossed and sponged the image. It just looks so elegant. Thanks for joining us this week over at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Love the look of the emboss resist! And such a great layout, too! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh WOW...I absolutely love the silhouette look of the stamp...GORGEOUS! Thanks for playing along with week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this, Mindy!!! What an awesome look with the green shadowing around the white image! Wow! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...