Tuesday, March 6, 2012

HSS 108

Hi stampers!  Happy Tuesday...time for a new challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  Now, I have to start out with a disclaimer....I goofed!  For some strange reason I totally had it in my head that this week's color challenge used poppy parade when in fact it used real red...oops!  The colors are really fun and bright though!
I don't know if maybe I had seen this color combo with poppy somewhere else or I got confused when I looked at my attic boutique DSP because all of the colors minus the real red are in there.  I absolutely LOVED the card that I came up with though so I'm going to share it anyway....and I didn't have the time to re-do it....and really I'm not sure that you can really tell it's not real red unless you look closely:-)  So, I hope you forgive me! I swear I turned 31 and my brain stopped functioning, lol!
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Apothecary art, creative elements, loving thoughts
Paper:  Very vanilla, crumb cake, soft suede, daffodil delight, attic boutique DSP
Ink:  Black staz-on, crumb cake, soft suede, poppy parade, daffodil delight
Accessories:  basic pearls, large basic pearls, daffodil delight striped grosgrain ribbon, itty bitty punch pack, labels collection framelits

There's a lot of sponging going on here to make it nice and vintage!  I used the big flower from creative elements to make the label a little less sparse.  I stamped it off once to make it softer.  I chose the word memories because I thought it fit the vintage theme of the card.  And lastly, I pulled apart some of the ribbon to make it a bit more shabby!

I'll have to make sure I check the next challenge a little more carefully before I start stamping, ha!

Happy stamping!

5 comments:

  1. Great card! Love how you did the stamped image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually love this with the PP. It's my have "red" right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, your card is SO pretty!! I just ordered that ribbon, I love the bold colors SOOOOO pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you framed your sentiment and that DSP is fabulous! You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness, this is just scrumptious! EEek! Love your shabby style, pulled apart ribbon, sponging and pops of color.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...