Tuesday, March 20, 2012

HSS 110

Hi stampers!  Happy Tuesday....it's time to see what we have cooked up over at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week!  Before I do that though I just wanted to thank all of our participants last week!  I think it was my favorite challenge ever as far as entries!  We had so many!  I can't tell you how I love hitting refresh at the end of a long work day and seeing lots of new entries!  You guys made some amazing things!!!!  You did make it hard to choose a winner though!  I wanted to pick ALL of you:-)  Seriously!!!!!

But we must move on...so this week the challenge is water coloring!  This is something that I'm not very good at although I do try.  I haven't done much of it lately but I really should because the more I practice the better I'll get....right????

I kind of took this in a different direction than I normally would.  We'd been away Saturday and Sunday so maybe I was just out of my normal routine, haha!  Instead of water coloring my images I decided to watercolor my background!  And it turned out very pretty!!!!
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Up, Up, & Away
Paper:  Whisper white, pool party, lucky limeade, daffodil delight, sweet shop DSP, water color paper
Ink:  Crumb cake, pool party, lucky limeade, daffodil delight, wisteria wonder, calypso coral
Accessories:  Triple blossom punch, circle punch, basic pearls

Now, don't ask my why I've been on a long card kick lately but it seems when I use the hot air balloons the long cards just fit, kwim?  Anyway, to do my background I simply took a piece of water color paper and spritzed it with water (see my little spray bottle back there....very artistic picture, no?  LOL) and then used some reinker in pool party and lucky limeade.  I simply painted it back and forth over my paper.  To get a variegated look I squeezed more water out of my aquapainter in places to make it lighter.  I think I need to try this with more colors to get more of a sun set look, how pretty would that be????

Now it's time to click that link up there and go check out all the other pretties the DT came up with and then play along!

Happy stamping!

6 comments:

  1. What a great water-colouring technique, Mindy. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done! I don't watercolor because I make such a mess! But you have a great idea here to start with the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Mindy! The balloons look awesome against your watercolored background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mindy, this is gorgeous!! Wow! I love how your background came out! Such a beautiful backdrop for those bright and cheerful balloons. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your design & the watercoloring is gorgeous. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mindy,
    Great job on water coloring the background. I also like the scene you created. Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...