Thursday, March 8, 2012

Lost love

Hi stampers!  So I ran across a Valentine that I totally forgot to post!  Better late than never though I guess, right?  I didn't get a whole lot of V-day cards done this year for some reason so I probably should have used another sentiment on this card...I'm pretty sure I made it on the 13th so I KNEW I was out of time.  Oh well:-)  I mean it's not like we are supposed actually give out the cards we make, right? :-)
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps: Sweet cake
Paper:  Whisper white, concord crush, wisteria wonder, calypso coral, sweet shop DSP
Ink:  Wisteria wonder, calypso coral
Accessories: calypso coral baker's twine, fashionable hearts embosslit, in color glimmer brads, dazzling diamonds

I stamped the cake stamp twice and cut out the cupcake wrapper in calypso coral ink for some dimension and to pull the coral together.  I really like the combo of the two purples as well and I need to remember to use concord crush more often since it will be going away come June 1!  Remember, the catalog is expiring a month early this year which is sad but getting a NEW catalog a month early more than makes up for it:-)

I popped up the main panel (white) AND the image which I cut out.  The little glimmer brad is the perfect finishing touch...but when I was all done I just HAD to cover the frosting in dazzling diamonds.  This stamp just does NOT look right without some sparkly frosting:-)

Maybe I'll remember to send this one to someone next year, ha!

I've been a little MIA from blogging and stamping because my cousin had a little baby so I've been going to see her the past few nights!  While I love stamping I just can resist cuddle time with a brand new little baby!  I got to hold her when she was only an hour or so old!  I can't wait to have one of my own someday...even if it does cut into my stamping time;-)

Happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. Just love this one. The two purples are great together & I just love that little pop of coral. I wouldn't have thought of putting the concord crush & wisteria wonder together, but will need to think about that more often. Seem to forget about concord crush also, and it's such a pretty color, especially with crumb cake. I only made 2 Valentines this year. Good thing we made a few in one of my card classes. My cards are always late. I figure even it I send them late, it just spreads out the love a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...