Monday, March 5, 2012

Mailable Monday - Kindness Matters and a Bonus!

Hi stampers!  Time to begin a new week with a mailable Monday card....one that can be thrown into an envelope without any thoughts for extra postage or protecting precious embellishments!  Nevermind that I'm a bit late today.....And this week I may actually MAIL these out, lol!  I need to get some thank yous in the mail from my birthday!

I've been meaning to use the kindness matters set since I saw it was an offering in the SAB catalog.  It's such a pretty little set!  So, once I was finished, I came up with this card....
It was pretty simple.  I inked up the butterflies in pool party and then took my island indigo marker and traced around the sides before I stamped.  I also stamped a second big butterfly in the same way and cut it out.  I sponged the edges with soft suede and then bent it in the middle so that it had some dimension after I adhered it with a couple of glue dots.

And it's pretty but I felt it was missing just a little something which brings us to the bonus....I added a few pearls to the middle butterfly and bam!  That was what was missing.  Now, I like the card fine all on it's own but those little jewels just add so much!  I think it would fit through the mail fine too since they are so small!
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Kindness matters (regular catalog AND Sale-A-Bration)
Paper:  Very vanilla, soft suede, pool party, island indigo, in colors (2011-2013) DSP stack
Ink:  Soft suede, pool party, island indigo
Accessories:  Labels collection framelits, linen embossing folder, basic pearls

Hope you are having a great start to your week!  Happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. Darling idea Mindy so I might have to try it if I can get my crap together as I do a Sunday Stamping Technique so two days in a row I might have to think of something else. LOL! I love your card is what I wanted to tell you. Hugs,Bev

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...