Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Caseing....myself

Hi stampers!  I really liked my card from last week's Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge.  So, when I was stuck for ideas the other night I figured I'd give that card another go and case myself.  That's a great way to get out of a mojo funk!  Take something you made that you like and go in another direction with it!  You're almost guaranteed to make something you'll like since you already loved the inspiration, hehe!
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Apothecary art, loving words, creative elements, elementary elegance (SAB)
Paper:  Very vanilla, crumb cake, pool party, calypso coral smooth & textured
Ink:  Staz on, calypso coral, pool party, peach parfait, lucky limeade
Accessories:  Labels collection framelits, crumb cake seam binding, basic pearls

This card is much softer than the inspiration and I love it so much!  It's very springy I think!  For my main image I did a lot of stamping off with the flower from creative elements and the butterfly and bird from elementary elegance.  Now I'm going to tell on myself.  The sentiment was a happy accident....I didn't like what I had stamped/how I had stamped the sentiment on the label....so I covered it up....and decided that it looked really good!  Ha!  Always remember there are no mistakes, only opportunities to embellish, right? ;-)

I have really been neglecting my seam binding lately but I pulled it out for this card and I like the soft look it gives.  I need to remember to use it more often!  I sure say that about a lot of things:-)

So the next time you're stuck just take a look through your most recent projects and re-work one and see what happens!!!

Happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Mindy! I will probably CASE this one myself :-)

    Heather Cserni
    www.stampedcreationsbyheather.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...