Sunday, March 18, 2012

Take 1

Hi stampers!  I hope you've all had a great weekend!  We took a little impromptu trip to my hubby's college town this weekend!  It was fun but also means there wasn't much stamping around here but I did get a few cards done on Friday and finished up yesterday before we left! 

I really liked (yet again) the color challenge over at Create with Connie & Mary this week!  I probably like it so much because it's a combo straight out of the everyday enchantment DSP!  Well, I was going to use the DSP but inspiration struck and took me in a different direction!  I thought these colors would make a cute baby card!  I know, I know....I've got baby on the brain.  I blame my new little cousin partly and the fact that I want one of my own, hehe!  I also need a baby boy card for a shower in a couple of weeks for another cousin and this color combo fit the bill! 
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Fox & friends, letter it, pennant parade
Paper:  Whisper white, pool party, lucky limeade, peach parfait
Ink:  Pool party, lucky limeade peach parfait
Accessories:  Circle punch, scalloped circle punch, 5/16th jumbo brads, pool party ruffled ribbon

I took the layout from a card in last years Idea Book & Catalog.  The little baby sentiment is from pennant parade and we all know that one of my favorite things is to stamp over the letters in letter it!  I also FINALLY used up some of the jumbo brads that I just HAD to have and then they sat and sat and sat, lol!  I think it will be a cute card in with the present...which I NEED to go get soon....that was on the list for the weekend until we picked up and ran out of town:-)

And since this wasn't my original idea for this challenge I'll be back with take 2;-)

Happy stamping!

10 comments:

  1. Soooo sweet Love all of the cute critters and that layered sentiment! Sunch a fun card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute baby card! I love how you layered the stamps! Such a great idea!! And the little animals as the background just make it so sweet! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable use of that stamp set! These "friends" are adorable in the challenge colors and suitable for a boy or a girl. Fresh and modern when used on a baby card...So glad you joined us at CCMC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how BRILLIANT to use those fun little critters in the colors for a baby card...just DARLING! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the background you made with those stamps! I'm still waiting on my alphabet set...looks great on your baby card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card!! These colors look fantastic on a baby card. I will have to remeber this. Love the details! Thanks for joining us this week over at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww...adorable baby card with one of my favorite stamp sets! So glad you joined us at CCMC this week! So glad you joined us at CCMC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling baby card...perfect colors for a boy! Love the way you went back to basics and made your own DSP! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww what a FUN baby card! Perfect colors for babies. Thanks for playing along with us at CCMC!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...