Thursday, March 29, 2012

Long time no blog

Hi stampers!  Sorry I've been slightly absent!  I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth...I've been hanging out with my momma!  :-)  (And working a lot...but that's not as fun) My hubby and step-dad went hog hunting with my hubby's family so my mom came to stay with me Thursday through Sunday!  And we kept pretty busy so there wasn't much blogging time let alone stamp time! I'm hoping to get some time to stamp tonight because I've got another busy weekend ahead and have been working late every other night this week.  And tomorrow night is out because it's date night!  Dinner and then the Hunger Games movie, I'm so excited!  I speed read all three books this past weekend and loved them!

The most exciting thing we did this weekend was our first 5k on Saturday!  I never was a runner until I started dating my husband (the second time around, hehe).  He likes to run so I started going with him and here we are years later and I actually like (sort of I mean...as in I don't HATE it like I used to, lol) running.  Four miles is about my limit both physically and mentally.  Usually around four miles my right knee starts to act up (I have ITB syndrome that kicks in like clockwork) and mentally I just have no desire to run much more than that, ha!  So, a 5k is perfect!  I signed my mom up too since she was going to be here and she is a workout machine and walks miles and miles everyday!  I didn't give it too much thought but standing at the starting line I thought I needed a goal so I decided I'd try to make under 30 minutes.  That's a pretty good clip for me...I'm NOT fast!  I made the first mile in under 10 minutes so I knew I was on track and it was just so exciting!  There were over 600 people in the race and people were cheering you on!  I made it with a time of 28:13 and I've been paying for it all week, lol!  Very sore as I ran much faster than I usually do!  Sadly, I probably won't run that fast on my normal runs all by myself:-)  I also ran back to find my mom and keep her company while she finished.  It was way better than just standing around waiting.  I was SO proud when I caught sight of her jogging!!!!!  We walked and jogged to the finish and she even sprinted in!  Mom made it with a time of 44 minutes and some change!  Not bad for an "old lady" as she said, ha!  Anyway, we both want to do another one, it was so exciting! Sadly, we forgot to take any pictures!  There are a few on the race's facebook page so I may have to steal them to do a scrap page!!!!

So, I hope you've kept up with me....I'll be onto the stamping now, I promise!  I did this card for the Colour Q challenge this week.  I THINK I still have time to enter!  Well I missed it...meant to post this on Monday but didn't get around to editing my photo in time.  This poor card has been sitting on my desk waiting for me to take a picture and blog it!
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Button buddies, friendly phrases
Paper:  Whisper white, wisteria wonder, rich razzleberry
Ink: Tempting turquoise, wisteria wonder, rich razzleberry, pool party
Accessories:  Brights buttons, in color polka dot brads, baker's twine

I think it's a fun little clean and simple card!  Works well with the bold colors I think. I have to work a lot this week but I'm hoping to get some stamp time in there so hopefully I'll see you soon!

Happy stamping!

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...