Tuesday, March 27, 2012

HSS 111

Hi stampers!  How can it be Tuesday already!  It was just my long weekend with my mom wasn't it???  Of course it went way too fast, we didn't get enough done, and now she's gone back home and I miss her!  Maybe the new challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments will make me feel better:-)

This week is an Easter theme.  I also can't believe it's almost Easter! Where DOES the time go?  Anyway, here is the inspiration photo for this week's theme!  Use it anyway you see fit to make and Easter project!
I was going to make something with my petal cone die as I really put my project this week off until the last minute (time with my momma trumped stamping, ha) and it would have been cute and easy.  But, when I came into my studio I started thinking about how I've seen the modern label punch used as a cross.  I don't have many (any) current Easter stamps so I thought this might be perfect.  I think it conveys the real reason for the holiday instead of the cute things like bunnies and chicks and peeps and Easter eggs.  I'll have to come back to the cutesy carrot petal cone this week...I've got a couple of bags of robins eggs just waiting to make their way into treat boxes:-)
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Woodgrain, teeny tiny wishes
Paper:  Very vanilla, crumb cake, baja breeze, blushing bride, so saffron, bella chateau
Ink:  Crumb cake, baja breeze, blushing bride, so saffron

I used my cross with the beau chateau DSP since it was nice and soft and floral.  I'm trying REALLY hard to use more of the TONS of DSP I have hoarded...I mean collected:-)  The flowers are sponged and crumpled and that's pretty much it.  I love the simplicity and softness of it.  It's very Easter-y to me.  Like I said, I tend to go with cutesy for Easter so this was a bit out of my comfort zone and turned out really well!

Now I'm off to make some petal cone carrots but you should click that link up there and go see what else the DT has for you and then play along!

Happy stamping!

6 comments:

  1. I love this!!!! I'm totally gonna do this for my Easter scrapbook page. I wanted to add a cross without it looking hand cut or cheesy!! Thanks for the idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice card! Love that cross with the flowers!!

    I hope to play this week!!

    Thanks for your blog visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful!! Never would have thought to use that punch for a cross :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I just re-pinned this card on Pinterest without realizing that it was your card! How have I missed the cards with a cross made using the Modern Label punch? What a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So clever how you made the cross and love the soft colors. So pretty! I too have to use more of my DSP. Your card is perfect for Easter. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your little wood grain cross, it's perfect for Easter! Super pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...