Thursday, December 15, 2016

Technique Thursday

Hi stampers!  Ok so technique Thursday doesn't have quite the right ring to it but it's Thursday and I tried a new technique.  If you know me, you know I don't do a lot of different techniques.  Why you may ask?  Well that's easy, I'm a lazy stamper...lol!  It's true.  If something takes a little bit of effort you can probably count me out!  :-)

But, since I've got this artisan gig going, I thought maybe I ought to step out of my comfort zone and try some new things.   It's probably just the push I've been needing for a while.

Especially around the holidays, with all the lights, I always love the bokeh technique in photography. If you're unfamiliar with it, it's basically out of focus points of light and looks similar to this:


Pretty, right?  You may have noticed one of my new photo backdrops is bokeh!  See, did you notice that before?



I will try to film a tutorial on this but with the holidays I'm not sure how quickly I'll get it done!  It's really pretty easy and you can always google it.  But basically, you use some watercolor paper and chose a few colors to place on the page at random.  You want to make sure all of the paper has color.  After it's dry you take a stencil with various sized circles (easy to make with some framelits and window sheets) and apply some white craft ink in various levels of saturation.  For my smallest circle size, I actually just used the sponge dauber itself without the stencil and made sure it was the heaviest saturation.  

I tried some other color combos but this is the one I liked best. I used mint macaron, emerald envy and old olive.

You should try it if you haven't.  If I can do it you surely can :-)

Happy stamping!



2 comments:

  1. LOVE this! I love the bokeh, the glimmer paper and the EF you used. Great sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is absolutely beautiful;)))
    Greetings Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...