Sunday, January 20, 2013

A late birthday

Hi stampers!  This is a little wordy today so if you want to skip my blah blah blah just scroll down:-)  So I've had literally NO time to stamp since last week (except for Thursday night and it JUST wasn't happening)!  I've been working a TON and then I was at my mom's last weekend.  Monday and Tuesday I didn't get home until like 10, ugh!  Then I had to sit with my grandma on Wednesday night....she is 91 years old (wow right) and got the flu and pneumonia this week so if you have a minute to think of her or pray for her (and my family) we would be truly grateful.  And now I've got to work late again Friday night, teach turbokick this morning and work basketball again all afternoon...and I volunteered to do THAT...what is wrong with me? LOL!

See....NO TIME!  Don't you hate that? I'm hoping to stamp some tonight and tomorrow though BUT I have  hard time sometimes when I've been busy....sometimes I just want to do nothing then or try to catch up on other stuff.  Anyone else like that?  I swear this blog is like therapy sometimes, lol!  It's nice to get my thoughts out and nice to hear that other people feel the same :-)  I have appreciated your comments over the past week about my depression and that many of you struggle too!  It helps to know that you are not alone and that people are thinking of you!  So thank you my friends!  I was feeling great last Saturday but the blues have returned...no thanks to all the work, I'm sure!  Anyway...hopefully stamping will help!  I have lots of challenges I want to try AND I really need to get to work on my Artisan contest entries!!!!  I'm ready to just stamp for FUN after having a lot of stampy obligations on my plate!  Sometimes it's not fun when you HAVE to stamp, lol!

Ok, so I totally forgot that I do have some stuff to share that I never got around to with the holidays!  I can't believe I didn't share my mom's birthday card...since it was a big one:-)  She turned 60 in October!    It's funny to think of my mom as 60...not that it's old because it's not BUT my grandma was 60 when I was little and I remember thinking she was old, lol!  And my mom is totally not old!  Doesn't look it, doesn't act it!  Although SHE thinks she's an "old fuddy duddy" as she would say, lol!  She's so silly! She's also one of my fitness heroes!  She walks on average 4 miles a day on the treadmill!  And has done so for YEARS, literally I have no idea how many but as long as I can remember!  Anyway, I made this card for her to go with the photo book I made in MDS for her.  I'll have to share some of it soon as well!  I had a lot of fun making it for her with old photos and of course it made her cry:-)


Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Memorable moments
Paper:  Whisper white, midnight muse, patio party
Ink: Baja breeze, primrose petals, midnight muse
Accessories:  Labels collection framelits, subtles glimmer brads

The photo kind of looks red but that's primrose petals.  My mom isn't a big pink kind of gal...she loves blues so I went with the patio party paper because I knew she would love all the baja breeze and midnight muse. She also loves bright colors...I used to drive her NUTS as a teen because I went through a phase where I really liked gray (ok, I still kind of do, hehe) and we'd be shopping and she'd say you need COLOR!  LOL!  I think I used a sketch from somewhere but I can't remember.  Freshly Made Sketches maybe?  The card is kind of busy but it works I think!  And it's very her...I imagine if left to her own devices in my stamp room her card would be very busy as she'd probably pile on all of the pretty things she could fit on it, lol!

Ok, I'll stop rambling now.  Hopefully I'll have more time to stamp and share in the coming weeks!

Happy stamping!


4 comments:

  1. This is such a fun card for your very fun mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would so totally Love your mom!!! Blues all the way... Fun, Fun, Card Mindy... and I'm thinking of ya... If I come to convention this year... can I hang with you guys... I'm not quite up to zumba... but, I've been walking and I've got 30 lbs off.... You have been my inspiration.... and I want to party with you guys.... lol...lol

    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would so totally Love your mom!!! Blues all the way... Fun, Fun, Card Mindy... and I'm thinking of ya... If I come to convention this year... can I hang with you guys... I'm not quite up to zumba... but, I've been walking and I've got 30 lbs off.... You have been my inspiration.... and I want to party with you guys.... lol...lol

    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I've been struggling to use Patio Party too since it just seems very busy to me! Your layout totally works with it though…I might feel a CASE coming on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...