Monday, January 28, 2013

Mailable Monday - Bonus Edition

Hi stampers!  I'm finally getting into the swing of stamping again and I'm going to TRY to blog more often now that I'll hopefully have more to share...except I've started working on my Artisan entires and I can't share those, whoops!  :-)  I did get one done the other night...at least I think I'll enter it.  Last year I kind of made cards for that specific reason (as it was much later) but this year I think I'll just maybe enter cards that I end up thinking I like.  The one I made Friday started out as just a regular card to share with you all but I kept adding things and ended up impressing myself, lol!  I'll be working on more of them now that I'm getting a bunch of fun stuff tonight from the UPS man!

I am a bit worried what possibly putting our house on the market this spring and finding a new house might do to my stamp time though.  We looked at a house yesterday and it just goes to show we have a LOT to do to our house to get it ready to sell, eek!  It kind of overwhelms me...so maybe I'll just ignore all the stuff and stamp!  LOL!  Sounds like a plan right?  Oh...and don't go to open houses when it's freezing rain out...the drive at this house was totally steep but we managed to make it up ok....but as soon as we left I put one foot on the step outside and down I went taking the hubs with me!  Oops! Of course the first thing I said wasn't are you ok or I'm ok, it was "did anyone see that?"  LOL!!!!  Anyway, I don't feel like this was the house for us....but of course hubby loved it and wants to put an offer in!  I think there will be a lot of that in our search.  Anyone else relate to that out there? :-)  But more about this in another post....

Ok, onto my card....or cards!  I have two today!  I loved the color challenge at Splitcoast this week!  I actually made this card (the mailable one) second but I'm going to show you it first.  I actually did the dessert option too which was to make a Valentine's card with these non-traditional colors!  I don't usually even READ that far into the challenge after I see the colors, lol!
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Patterned occasions (SAB), make a cake, teeny tiny wishes
Paper:  Whisper white, soft suede, pool party, calypso coral, in-color 2011-2013 DSP stack
Ink:  Soft suede, pool party, calypso coral
Accessories:  Circle punch, perfect pennants die, basic pearls, argyle embossing folder

I totally wanted to use this cutie when I saw these colors and I had just used the heart from make a cake on another card and thought it would replace the flower he is holding in the stamp.  Isn't it cute?????  There is a teeny tiny pearl on the heart but it should go through the mail just fine:-)

And then here is a non-as-mailable card:-)  I love the Madison Avenue stamp set...even more because it's FREE!  But the images are modern and fun.  I'm trying to use it with more than the coordinating SAB paper too.  I tend to get in a rut when I only use certain things with other certain things, kwim?  I did kind of base this off a card I showed you the other day...it's fun to case yourself sometimes, ha!
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Madison Avenue, friendly phrases
Paper:  Whisper white, soft suede, pool party, calypso coral
Ink:  Soft suede, pool party, calypso coral
Accessories:  Soft suede polka dot ribbon (retired), large scallop framelit, paper peircing pack, basic pearls

Ok, how's that for a two for one?  Thanks for stopping by!

Happy stamping!

2 comments:

  1. I really love this Madison Avenue card. Great job. Good luck with the house hunting and also your Artisan Award entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both cards. Aren't those colours fabulous together?

    Not sure I'd want to put an offer on a house that made me fall. Fall in love, yes, but fall on my behind, no. (There's got to be Fung Shui or Karma involved, somehow.) :-) I totally understand you feeling overwhelmed. I'm just moving my craft stuff to another (larger) room in our house...and I'm having the same issue. I can't imagine packing up and getting ready for resale. Good luck!! --Doris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...