Friday, January 25, 2013

Whew! I made it!

Hi stampers!  So I totally meant to post this card last night because it's for the Retro Sketches challenge this week and I figured it would be closing soon.  BUT I had a basketball game at work and my mom was here while Jon was traveling for work so I got home late and then hung out with her and before I knew it I was half asleep on the couch with my momma!  Ha!  Neither one of us for some reason the night before could go to sleep when we went to bed...our brains must have been in sync...scary, lol!  Anyway I think we were making up for it last night being all tired!  So I didn't get this posted...but I looked this morning and the challenge is open for a few more hours!  Yay!  So here goes!

I loved the simple sketch and since I'm still kind of getting back into the swing of stamping I kept it super simple and super true to the sketch!

Looking back I think if I did it again I'd add some bells and whistles but it was a good and simple card to get the creative juices flowing!  And I love that seasonal sayings is still available for the I love you stamp!

Stamps:  Hearts a flutter, seasonal saying (carry over)
Paper:  Whisper white, real red, pool party
Ink: Real red
Accessories: Triple heart punch, dazzling details

At first I was just going to use red and white but it just needed a little pop of something so a heart from the triple heart punch in pool party was perfect!  Who knew real red and pool party looked so great together!  If pool party doesn't come back this year I'm REALLY going to be depressed;-)  Hehe!  There is also some dazzling details on the heart although it's hard to see in the photo.

This card already found it's way to my hubby!  I used to leave him cards sometimes (and actually mail some to other people....) and I've kind of gotten away from that for what ever reason...so I'm trying to actually give and send some cards this year, lol!!!!

Happy stamping!

5 comments:

  1. Great card Mindy !! I agree, I don't think I can live without Pool Party either !! Really hoping SU is going to add it to the regular line up !! Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH this is so pretty! I love hearts and the colors! Thanks for playing at Retro Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! I just love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is just CAS perfection! The hearts seems like they are floating from the sentiment layer! Thanks for joining us at retro sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Love card! :) the blue heart really pops. adorable.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...