Friday, January 4, 2013

Fab Friday 09

Hi stampers!  TGIF!  I can NOT say that enough....having Tuesday off has kind of thrown me off and even though it was a "short" week it feels looooong and work has been rough this week.  Thank goodness I'm back to my "normal" (as IF my schedule is ever normal, ha) schedule next week!  And I hope everyone's new year is off to a great start!  My NYE was fantastic because I got to spend it with my BFF dancing and having a blast AND she got engaged on NYE eve!  So, you can expect an engagement card soon, hehe!

Anyway, it's time for the first Fab Friday challenge of 2013!  We'd like to thank everyone who played along with us in 2012 and look forward to another year of fun challenges and fabulous entries!  We're starting off the near year with a fun and easy sketch!  I know I've been in kind of a slump from the holidays and what not so this was a great way to get my creativity flowing and it felt good to create again!

I had a lot of ideas for this card but I decided to keep it simple since I was just getting back into the swing of things after all the holiday hoopla!  I did use a retired stamp set...please forgive me:-)  AND in other exciting news you can still order the sentiment stamp I used because it's one of the carry overs into the Spring Catalog! You can find those items in the back of the spring catalog WHICH you can now order from as well!

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Mixed medley (retired hostess), seasonal sayings (carry over stamp set)
Paper:  Crumb cake, real red
Ink:  Whisper white craft, real red
Accessories:  Pool party baker's twine, bitty buttons, small heart punch, pool party embossing powder

Notice the peek of the new embossing powder?  It's so pretty!  And I'm still on a sponging with white kick I guess....and it works as well for V-day as it does for Christmas!  Yay!

Now, go check out the Fab Friday site and see what the other designers came up with!  They did some fabulous things with this sketch!  And don't forget to play along!

Happy stamping!

6 comments:

  1. Love the card! The red really pops against the cumb cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a fabulous card! so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! Love the color combo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, I love the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mindy,

    My first visit to your blog, first time with the Fab Fri challenge too. Love your blog. Extra love your card. I have a thing for this natural look cardstock and the effective way you used your bright colored embellishments make them pop right off the card.

    Looks like you have some other terrific tutorials etc, will read on further!

    Blessings, Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...