Saturday, January 12, 2013

Going to the chapel

Hi stampers!  Ok, so what's with the title, right?  I'm already married...I know....BUT my BFF got engaged last week!  Yayness!!!  I'm over the moon happy for her and her BF who I also love:-)

So, I had to make an engagement card for her!  One of her colors is probably going to be gray so I wanted to incorporate it and I loved the combo in the catalog with this set and the gray and yellow and silver.  I was going to case the card but realized it used the brushed silver paper....which I don't have....huh?  Something I don't have?  Maybe it really is the Mayan Apocalypse!  Ha!

Anyway I decided to wing it with the colors.  I also decided that since I was using the cake image that I'd do a "quilted" background like my wedding cake was:-)  You've seen me do this on another wedding card and on one of my Artisan cards.  It's pretty easy with the diagonal scoring plate.  And I have to say I wasn't all that jazzed about the card until I added the glimmer hearts and then WOW!  It took it to a whole 'nother level!


I know I haven't shared much lately but I'm slowly beginning to feel like myself again and taking a break from both stamping and blogging has been sort of refreshing.  So, I'll try to post more often but I'm not making any promises (however there are some exciting things coming from SU with the Leadership conference going on right now so I'll try to keep you posted).  I don't talk much about it but I struggle with depression and it's been pretty bad over the past month or so...so I needed the break.  I'm very happy to say that this card came pretty easy and I was super happy with the way it came out...so maybe the mojo is back:-)

I'm off to pin more wedding ideas for my friend, lol!

Happy stamping!

5 comments:

  1. You need to come teach me how to do that diagonal scoring. I end up red-faced with a pile of crumpled paper when I try it. It looks amazing; fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have that card stock? *gasp* I'm pretty certain it will be added to your next order...I just have this feeling. Ha! Love the card! Very elegant and that color combo is an all time favorite of mine. I'm sure your BFF will love it.

    PS: I have a card sitting on my desk for you...going in the mail Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card Mindy. I'm sure your friend will too. Hang in there, take the time you need for yourself, we'll be here waiting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have struggled with depression for years. Thanks for sharing. Take care of yourself. Breaks are necessary. I always love seeing what you do, you are very talented. I hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love seeing your latest creations - you are very talented and inspiring. I also have suffered with depression and anxiety for years and completely understand that there are good days and bad days. Hang in there! "this too shall pass". ~ a fan from Alberta, Canada

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...